Idea's For A Driving Strikers Sequel

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
Sonic1994DC
Carnage

Idea's For A Driving Strikers Sequel

Post#1 » Sun Aug 27, 2023 11:30 am

Hello I really like Driving Strikers and want it to be successful. I bought 5 copies of the game and might buy more. Why? Because I want it to be successful and I might do giveaways of the game. I have many idea's for a sequel and I wanted to say some of them before I forget them. I have heard good things about the game and what people don't like about it so this post is kind of like a likes and don't likes to.

DLC like downloading special cars, new stages, items

A webpage for the game that modem and bba users can access

Have leaderboards like how Alien Front Online does

Lan support hit-300

Item power up's

Customizable car's like changing the colors, auto parts

Create teams

Voice chat

Destructible cars?

New stages plus the best stages from the first

Remix songs from the first game

New menu's

More game selections/features, death match, last car standing, capture the flag, red vs blue

6-8 players online for special matches

60 fps for all online

Challenge mode

Introduction mode

How To Play mode

More options like sound test, background menu skins/theme's like in SA2

Support for the new wireless StrikerDC controller?

Support different controllers and setups like switch controllers/buttons

More holiday theme stages

Have more Dreamcast theme stages or references

Have more internet options like the one in Quake 3 Arena/PSO where you can setup your connect

Have a final boss in the game like a car to face off at the end of the game

Make the game where you don't need to portforward or have to DMZ

Have cheat codes, all cars are Dreamcast or PC's

Have a stage/arena called the Dream Arena and make the stage music like a remix of when you turn on the Dreamcast

Maybe have a shop menu, buy auto part or new colors or car details. Earn points by winning matches

Link cable support

VMU mini game

mistamontiel
Shark Patrol

Re: Idea's For A Driving Strikers Sequel

Post#2 » Sun Aug 27, 2023 12:43 pm

Do it

Do it tawl

Sonic1994DC
Carnage

Post#3 » Sun Aug 27, 2023 3:27 pm

I was just thinking if you there's a sequel and you implement a point system in the game. You could call the points Wave points and they can be use for the shop to get new colored cars, new cars, or details for your car

OatBob
MegaDeath

Post#4 » Sun Aug 27, 2023 8:37 pm

This might be the only community to get excited about loot boxes, lol.
shinjitsunayu.me/ - web content for DC.

Sonic1994DC
Carnage

Post#5 » Sun Aug 27, 2023 9:01 pm

OatBob wrote:This might be the only community to get excited about loot boxes, lol.

Loot boxes? No, I think it would be neat to add that in the game if they made a sequel. Sonic Generations has a skill shop and Scott Pilgrim Vs The World: The Game has shops to buy power up's and skills. I just thought of some people finding the controls hard in this game, well the sequel can improve on that and make the controls tighter while having the original controls from the 1st game. You can have two play styles original and new

Holsten
fragger

Post#6 » Mon Aug 28, 2023 12:08 am

[quote="Sonic1994DC"]Hello I really like Driving Strikers and want it to be successful. I bought 5 copies of the game and might buy more. Why? Because I want it to be successful and I might do giveaways of the game. I have many idea's for a sequel and I wanted to say some of them before I forget them. I have heard good things about the game and what people don't like about it so this post is kind of like a likes and don't likes to.

Lan support hit-300

Item power up's

Create teams

Voice chat

Destructible cars?

New menu's

More game selections/features, death match, last car standing, capture the flag, red vs blue

60 fps for all online

Challenge mode

Introduction mode

How To Play mode

Have more internet options like the one in Quake 3 Arena/PSO where you can setup your connect

Have a stage/arena called the Dream Arena and make the stage music like a remix of when you turn on the Dreamcast

Maybe have a shop menu, buy auto part or new colors or car details. Earn points by winning matches

Link cable support

VMU mini game[/quote

The game is barely playable as it is right now i can not image the dreacast would be able to handle even more.
Holsten knallt am dollsten.

Sonic1994DC
Carnage

Post#7 » Mon Aug 28, 2023 9:33 am

Holsten wrote:
Sonic1994DC wrote:Hello I really like Driving Strikers and want it to be successful. I bought 5 copies of the game and might buy more. Why? Because I want it to be successful and I might do giveaways of the game. I have many idea's for a sequel and I wanted to say some of them before I forget them. I have heard good things about the game and what people don't like about it so this post is kind of like a likes and don't likes to.

Lan support hit-300

Item power up's

Create teams

Voice chat

Destructible cars?

New menu's

60 fps for all online

Challenge mode

Introduction mode

How To Play mode

Link cable support

VMU mini game[/quote

The game is barely playable as it is right now i can not image the dreacast would be able to handle even more.

These are just idea's I have for a sequel and I know everything I list on here aren't all going to be in the next game. The Dreamcast could handle most of these things like DLC, online challenge mode, 4 players on screen with little to no lag. Theres a lot of online Dreamcast games that can pull that off. I think it can handle a VMU mini game, a lot of Dreamcast games had use the VMU and had mini games. Did you know Alien Front Online has voice chat and leaderboards. While the voice chat could only record up to 5 seconds of your voice it was still awesome to have.

Sonic1994DC
Carnage

Post#8 » Fri Sep 01, 2023 5:21 pm

I just thought of more idea's to add for a sequel.

Replays

Friendlist

Messaging system like PSO

Screen shots?

Stats

Hidden mini game by inputting a code

Have a profile/bio describing you

Have a return to home button. Return to the Dreamcast home/boot screen

Character profile icons

Have a save file of Driving Strikers to unlock a special car

Easter egg's

Change how text is displayed or screen by doing a button combination. Like have the screen wave up and down or the text a different font

Have a hidden playable demo on disc?

Sonic1994DC
Carnage

Post#9 » Fri Sep 08, 2023 7:52 pm

A Sonic themed arena? I'm thinking Sonic Spinball would be better if you added a arena like that in the sequel because if there was a Sonic Adventure arena like Emerald Coast it would be just like Blue Sky Beach. A Toxic Caves themed like arena would be awesome. I could imagine it like it being in the sewers and playing the Toxic Caves song. That song is awesome. I like the original version the best

33882559-C061-4AAF-A973-01543199ABCF.jpeg

B9E7D0DB-5A90-46A7-8F6A-09552711F5C9.jpeg

deluxux
Black Mesa

Post#10 » Fri Sep 08, 2023 7:58 pm

Cool ideas! Now let's get a crew of 100 working on it, 50 hour weeks and pay will be in the form of pats on the back and high fives.