Crazy Taxi 2 Leaderboards Are Back Online!

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
Xiden
Developer

Crazy Taxi 2 Leaderboards Are Back Online!

Post#1 » Wed Aug 30, 2023 2:50 am

Screenshot 2023-08-30 014445.png

I'm very happy to announce Crazy Taxi 2 Leaderboards are back online! This has been a personal project of mine for quite some time and I'm glad to say its finally finished! This brings the Crazy Taxi 2 Online features 100% back online! As usual please let me know of any bugs you come across on the site.

BBA Users can participate by accessing the site via BBA Portal on Dreampipe as well!

Rank.png
Rank.png (155.31 KiB) Viewed 248502 times

cypressRU
lithium

Re: Crazy Taxi 2 Leaderboards Are Back Online!

Post#2 » Wed Aug 30, 2023 6:41 am

Lets fucking go! When I can get my ethernet set back up I'm going to try my hand at the leaderboard

Sonic1994DC
Carnage

Post#3 » Wed Aug 30, 2023 10:14 am

Xiden wrote:Screenshot 2023-08-30 014445.png

I'm very happy to announce Crazy Taxi 2 Leaderboards are back online! This has been a personal project of mine for quite some time and I'm glad to say its finally finished! This brings the Crazy Taxi 2 Online features 100% back online! As usual please let me know of any bugs you come across on the site.

BBA Users can participate by accessing the site via BBA Portal on Dreampipe as well!

Rank.png

Awesome! Now I have to get the game, never played the second one but always wanted too. Plus I'm very happy about BBA users being able to participate in it. Can't wait for the Sonic Adventure site to be BBA compatible also. Just bought the game to try this feature out :lol:

Xiden
Developer

Post#4 » Fri Sep 01, 2023 5:07 pm

Fixed a bug where if you upload new scores it should properly update scores (Where applicable) instead of inserting new records.

Sonic1994DC
Carnage

Post#5 » Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:49 pm

Works like a charm! Now everyone can see my mad skills! 8-)

48A6DBD6-1966-4566-886E-B77E018EF7BA.jpeg

09AFFC9C-7255-4B16-A862-455AB31BD017.jpeg

EFC0D670-5D92-4EAF-8536-9134D0972173.jpeg

Xiden
Developer

Post#6 » Wed Sep 13, 2023 6:29 pm

Added more bug fixes:

- Added more country flag icons. (Let me know if your country flag is missing on leaderboards and I'll add it)
- Fixed Sorting issues on some rankings, times show correct ascending order.
- Fixed DLC Leaderboard not removing old records when uploading.

SolidSonicTH
dark night

Post#7 » Thu Sep 14, 2023 9:24 am

How do we prevent people from being duplicitous little shits and slapping unreasonable figures into the leaderboards?

Xiden
Developer

Post#8 » Thu Sep 14, 2023 9:45 am

SolidSonicTH wrote:How do we prevent people from being duplicitous little shits and slapping unreasonable figures into the leaderboards?

Yeah I was a bit suspicious of some of those very high scores myself. I'm certainly not an expert so I have no idea if that's a realistically achievable score without cheats.

I'll say this, for any suspicious scores you guys see across any of the dreampipe sites.. Simply PM me and I'll investigate the uploaded file, I may drop those records that seem unachievable. For anyone out there cheating to get the best score, please don't ruin the fun for everyone else...

Xiden
Developer

Post#9 » Thu Sep 14, 2023 9:52 am

As an additional note... they apparently had this problem back in the day as well. The site does say

"Please note that record that cannot be acquired during normal play, and records that cannot be checked using REPLAY data, will be deleted.

If you have a crazy high score you're going to upload, I may require a replay file to be uploaded under "Replays" section to verify its authenticity.

djhazardous
lithium

Post#10 » Thu Sep 14, 2023 9:57 am

How sad must one be to cheat on something like this and in this day and age. Surely it must require a bit of effort to modify the files being uploaded too.