"Experience with DCHDMI Modded Dreamcast from AliExpress"

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
juditrjones
noob

"Experience with DCHDMI Modded Dreamcast from AliExpress"

Post#1 » Thu Sep 07, 2023 3:37 am

Hello, fellow Dreamcast enthusiasts,

I'm currently on the hunt for a DCDigital or DCHDMI modded Dreamcast, and I've come across some listings on AliExpress. However, I wanted to reach out to this community to see if anyone here has had any experience purchasing one of these modded consoles from AliExpress or perhaps knows someone who has.

I'm particularly interested in hearing about your experiences with the sellers, the quality of the mods, and whether the installation process was smooth or not. Additionally, any tips or recommendations you might have regarding specific listings or sellers on AliExpress would be greatly appreciated.

I've always been fascinated by the Dreamcast, and I'm eager to enhance my gaming experience with one of these mods. However, I want to make sure I'm making an informed decision before I dive in.

So, if you've got any insights, stories, or advice to share, please feel free to chime in. Your input will undoubtedly be invaluable in helping me make the right choice.

Thank you all in advance for your assistance!"

fafadou
Gold Lion

Re: "Experience with DCHDMI Modded Dreamcast from AliExpress"

Post#2 » Thu Sep 07, 2023 6:17 pm

For me it's too expensive, buy the pcb and find a Friend who's able to install for you.

ince
noob

Post#3 » Thu Sep 21, 2023 5:03 pm

I have also seen 5.20.5 versions and would appreciate any help on whether these are the ones to get.

DreamcastFreak
dark night

Post#4 » Mon Jan 29, 2024 3:10 am

i ordered one a while back. it hasn't arrived yet, but i'll keep you posted when it does

DreamcastFreak
dark night

Post#5 » Mon Mar 04, 2024 4:50 pm

I've had mine for a while now! It's wonderful, but there are caveats. I'll post the full review soon!