Codebreaker all cheats save file available to download *UPDATED 2024-01-28*

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
retrofan01
shadow

Codebreaker all cheats save file available to download *UPDATED 2024-01-28*

Post#1 » Sun Dec 31, 2023 12:25 pm

After several years of manually inputting Codebreaker codes using the DC controller whenever I wanted to try a new game, I discovered Xplorer DC Code Compiler recently and decided to put together a 'complete' Codebreaker cheats file containing all known cheats from GameHacking.org, widescreen codes and other codes from this forum.

I used the following criteria to determine which codes to add:
- as little overlap with the existing Codebreaker codes as possible - unfortunately, I believe there's no way to merge the new codes with the built-in codes so if a game has both sets of codes, you'll have to scroll up and down the game list in order to see all of them

- one game one region (1G1R) - this is mostly USA but there are a few games (e.g. Record of Lodoss War, Silver) which I included PAL cheats for instead as I've personally played through those games in their entirety using those codes and found they worked better than their NTSC equivalents

- used decrypted (CodeBreaker/XplorerDC) codes instead of encrypted (Action Replay/GameShark) codes

I've included:
- the text file containing all the codes (this can be loaded into Xplorer DC Code Compiler and edited further)

- the resulting FCDCHEATS file generated from the above text file (copy this to an SD card first and place the SD card into a Dreamcast SD card adaptor. DreamShell's File Manager must then be used to copy this from the SD card over to your VMU. Importing the file onto a VMU file using VMU Explorer will not work)

- a VMU file containing the FCDCHEATS file (can be copied onto a microSD card for use with the VM2)

The FCDCHEATS file uses 198 out of 200 blocks so it will require its own VMU. Thanks to all the cheat code creators and please let me know if there are any cheats which don't work or any that I've missed.

V1.2 (2024-01-28):
Added codes for Dolphin Blue, Phantasy Star Online v2
Removed duplicate codes for 18 Wheeler, Donald Duck Goin' Quackers, Floigan Bros
Replaced encrypted codes for 4 Wheel Thunder, Choukou Senki Kikaioh, Imperial No Taka, Jet Set Radio

V1.1 (2024-01-03):
Corrected game titles, added instructions
Attachments
CodeBreaker all cheats save file 1.2.zip
(107.29 KiB) Downloaded 742 times
xpdccc.zip
(80.28 KiB) Downloaded 359 times
Last edited by retrofan01 on Tue Jan 30, 2024 4:32 am, edited 6 times in total.

Woodneeded
undertow

Re: Codebreaker all cheats save file available to download

Post#2 » Sun Dec 31, 2023 1:27 pm

Awesome thank you for this. Apologies for my ignorance here but what is the best way to get this save file onto a memory card? I should know how to do this but I guess I do not

ateam
Animated Violence

Post#3 » Sun Dec 31, 2023 2:41 pm

Thank you so much for putting this together!
Find me on...

DreamcastForever.com
GitHub
Reddit
SegaXtreme
Twitter
YouTube
• Discord: derek.ateam

MetroidTalon
shadow

Post#4 » Sun Dec 31, 2023 5:21 pm

Is there a what so I do with this or how to use guide?

retrofan01
shadow

Post#5 » Sun Dec 31, 2023 5:23 pm

Woodneeded wrote:Awesome thank you for this. Apologies for my ignorance here but what is the best way to get this save file onto a memory card? I should know how to do this but I guess I do not

Copy FCDCHEATS onto an SD card, then use a Dreamcast SD card adaptor and File Manager in DreamShell to copy the file onto a VMU.

ateam wrote:Thank you so much for putting this together!

Thank you for all your efforts in the DC translation space - Sakura Wars Columns 2 was one of the games I very much enjoyed in 2023. I have no programming or hardware skills so this is my small way of giving back to the community :)

mistamontiel
Shark Patrol

Post#6 » Sun Dec 31, 2023 7:53 pm

For the life of me CB refuses to save. I recall even trying other saves of it and would be ignored

Tried with formatted VMU all same CB is only against me

Great to see Rent A Hero and Nanatsu Seven Mansions! When my VM2 finally lands I'm definitely doing this and hope

FloDoc
shadow

Post#7 » Mon Jan 01, 2024 3:32 pm

Hahahaha! Man, I just finished making a txt file with all the codes I could find, but it was way too big for the VMU! I will check this one out for sure! Thanks for the effort here! I was trying to figure out if there would be a way to just have the codes added directly to the PELICAN.BIN so the VMU can just be avoided altogether. I think it's possible from what I've read, but I have no idea how to do it lol!

Nice work here!

seedsbower
noob

Post#8 » Mon Jan 08, 2024 5:05 am

MetroidTalon wrote:Is there a what so I do with this or how to use guide?dinosaur game

Guides often explore typical problems and use cases a developer might experience using your product (or refer to more detailed examples elsewhere)

OGDCFAN99
Arabian Night

Re: Codebreaker all cheats save file available to download *UPDATED 2024-01-03*

Post#9 » Mon Jan 08, 2024 7:08 pm

This is awesome but is there a way to modify the Codebreaker ISO with these cheats and make a new bootable CDI with everything in it? I believe its been done with the Dream Explorer image at one point.

deluxux
Black Mesa

Re: Codebreaker all cheats save file available to download *UPDATED 2024-01-03*

Post#10 » Mon Jan 08, 2024 9:57 pm

The latest openmenu has codebreaker built in.. Can we use this file with it :o