Codebreaker all cheats save file available to download *UPDATED 2024-01-28*

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
foxx
lithium

Re: Codebreaker all cheats save file available to download *UPDATED 2024-01-03*

Post#21 » Fri Jan 26, 2024 2:26 am

retrofan01 wrote:Xplorer DC Code Compiler

Please give me a link.

retrofan01
shadow

Post#22 » Fri Jan 26, 2024 4:09 am

I've attached XPDCC to the original post.

foxx
lithium

Post#23 » Fri Jan 26, 2024 9:10 am

retrofan01 wrote:I've attached XPDCC to the original post.

Thanks.

DreamState
blackout!

Post#24 » Sat Jan 27, 2024 10:48 am

I tried this file today and although you say it works I had several problems. I will list them:

1. You said load this using the SD adaptor and file explorer in Dreamshell. I tried this but everytime I copy the file from SD to VMU I get a long list of code on the screen and nothing else forcing my to reset.

2. I also tried this via the vmu explorer instead in Dreamshell and the file will NOT highlight and select properly for copy to the vmu. It just doesn’t allow for it.

3. I loaded the file right on to my vmu using DreamConn and VMU explorer on PC, and while the codebreaker file loads up ok with its list of games, once you press start and A to start up a game with cheats all I got was a blank white screen with no function.

I’m very disappointed with this not being able to work as I’ve tried several methods (I’m also disappointed in the poor collection of cheats when I loaded into CB), and maybe you can point me in the right direction where I may be going wrong? I’m sure I’m not the only person having this problem.

Have you tried putting this file straight into Dream Explorer as an added file of cheats for everyone to download easily? This may be a foolproof overall better way of doing this.

CORE316
photon blast

Post#25 » Sat Jan 27, 2024 11:36 am

Dreamshell File Explorer can be a bit tamper mental I had problems copying on and off but eventually does work couple crashes here and there and text on screen like mentioned.

However you could use Dream Explorer extract rebuild cdi with a custom save that you can make with Xplorer DC Code Compiler included in zip by op.

DreamState
blackout!

Post#26 » Sat Jan 27, 2024 12:02 pm

Could the issue be because the files included in this zip were a .VMU dump? I’ve now extracted the FCDCHEATS .VMS file instead from the dump using VMU Explorer, and I’ve loaded back it onto the SD to be tested later. Will update.

CORE316
photon blast

Post#27 » Sat Jan 27, 2024 5:06 pm

Yes your probably copying wrong file as I did it not named .vms it just FCDCHEATS "File" No extension.

DreamState
blackout!

Post#28 » Sat Jan 27, 2024 7:04 pm

I’ve totally given up trying to get this to work. I found a great codebreaker save on dream explorer that has a much wider variety of PSOv2 codes whilst using less blocks so it suits me better.

This needs to be made easier without having to use Dreamshell at all. It’s buggy and just gives me error text everytime when I press to copy my file to vmu.

I’ve followed your instructions and they don’t work. I will now wait until my VM2 gets here to place to file onto microSD direct without using Dreamshell. Like I said, half the community will be as confused as I am, so there needs to be an easier way.

retrofan01
shadow

Post#29 » Sun Jan 28, 2024 4:05 am

What version of Dreamshell are you using to copy the FCDCHEATS file to SD card? I've found that 4.0.0 Beta 4 (not 4.0.0 RC4) never fails with the copy process as long as File Manager detects your SD card in the first place (which can be hit or miss although that might be down to my cheapo SD card adaptor).

Also, FCDCHEATS has no file extension which (AFAIK) is why it won't work with VMU Explorer, which insists on all files having a .vms or .dci extension before they can be imported onto a .vmu file.

DreamState
blackout!

Post#30 » Sun Jan 28, 2024 9:28 am

I’m using the RC4 version but I’ve never really had problems before with copying and pasting from SD to VMU. My SD adaptor is being recognised just fine, but my suspicion is with the FCDCHEATS file with no extension. It just doesn’t seem right. Honestly, getting a version that will work direct with VMU explorer or Dream Explorer would be ideal since SD adaptor and Dreamshell is so hit and miss.