Codebreaker all cheats save file available to download *UPDATED 2024-01-28*

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
FloDoc
shadow

Re: Codebreaker all cheats save file available to download *UPDATED 2024-01-03*

Post#11 » Wed Jan 10, 2024 1:54 pm

It would be ideal if we could get these codes into the preloaded codebreaker in openMenu! I have no idea how to do that at the moment and can't find much info on it. But I'd be happy to work on it, if there is a solution!

CORE316
photon blast

Post#12 » Sun Jan 14, 2024 12:51 pm

Save Works With OpenMenu Integrated CodeBreaker :D

The Problem that has always been with CodeBreaker/Xploder when adding new Games/Codes and Saving the VMU is left in a permanent in Use State like it is stuck in Saving after it has finished Saving but is still Saving like no HandOff and results in cant use the VMU to Save unless you force shutdown or pull VMU and reinsert.

1.add new game and codes
2.save new game and codes
3.when back at main menu poweroff (Or Pull and Reinsert do not recommend) poweroff I think the lesser.
4.powerup and select new codes

Eventually those new Games and Codes you added will get messed up and end up missing!

So it would be Great we could edit the Pelican.Bin etc.

Or use an Emulator Demul? to add Games and Codes to generate a Save to Copy to VMU via Dreamshell , I just cant get Keyboard recognized as a Dreamcast KeyBoard to type Codes if supported in the CodeBreaker/Xploder itself in first place not just by Emulator?

FloDoc
shadow

Post#13 » Tue Jan 16, 2024 4:10 pm

CORE316 wrote:Save Works With OpenMenu Integrated CodeBreaker :D

The Problem that has always been with CodeBreaker/Xploder when adding new Games/Codes and Saving the VMU is left in a permanent in Use State like it is stuck in Saving after it has finished Saving but is still Saving like no HandOff and results in cant use the VMU to Save unless you force shutdown or pull VMU and reinsert.

1.add new game and codes
2.save new game and codes
3.when back at main menu poweroff (Or Pull and Reinsert do not recommend) poweroff I think the lesser.
4.powerup and select new codes

Eventually those new Games and Codes you added will get messed up and end up missing!

So it would be Great we could edit the Pelican.Bin etc.

Or use an Emulator Demul? to add Games and Codes to generate a Save to Copy to VMU via Dreamshell , I just cant get Keyboard recognized as a Dreamcast KeyBoard to type Codes if supported in the CodeBreaker/Xploder itself in first place not just by Emulator?

I haven't experienced the saves messing up the codes yet, I'll have to keep an eye out for that. I agree though, being able to inject the codes into the Pelican.bin would be the best thing for every user. I want to do it, I just need some resources for decompiling the .bin.

As far as adding new codes, using the provided .txt and or xxcpd make the job pretty easy and I can confirm adding codes and recompiling the save works fine for me. I would use an emulator to find DC game cheats, but would then add those cheats to the .txt file.

CORE316
photon blast

Post#14 » Thu Jan 18, 2024 4:45 pm

Yep making your own Custom Code Saves is best bet and not that bad it beats what I mentioned in my previous post , this avoids the hassle of VMU issues and the missing Codes etc.

you can just make up custom Code Saves which can help keep the file size down for example

Resident Evil 2 - 3 and Code Veronica
Street Fighter and Capcom Fighters etc

do a few games every save to keep block size count down.

just copy those saves to Dreamshell SD and use them at your leisure or you could extract rebuild Dream VMU Disc and add the Saves to that or the VMU Backup CD.

foxx
lithium

Post#15 » Wed Jan 24, 2024 3:27 am

Thanks.

DreamState
blackout!

Post#16 » Wed Jan 24, 2024 5:16 pm

I’m about to load this onto a vmu tomorrow - but I have a few questions though, will this allow for editing/adding codes and then saving to vmu? Or is it purely to use the codes on there and simply load the game with no save changes? Some FCDCHEAT files I’ve found before don’t allow for saving. If you could confirm this that would be great

OGDCFAN99
Arabian Night

Post#17 » Wed Jan 24, 2024 6:44 pm

So is it not possible to put all this in a bootable CDI image?

mistamontiel
Shark Patrol

Post#18 » Wed Jan 24, 2024 8:37 pm

By golly waow. It works! Thank you!!

How would I go about editing FCDCHEATS in the future?

First thing when VM2 finally arrives

retrofan01
shadow

Post#19 » Thu Jan 25, 2024 5:29 am

DreamState wrote:I’m about to load this onto a vmu tomorrow - but I have a few questions though, will this allow for editing/adding codes and then saving to vmu? Or is it purely to use the codes on there and simply load the game with no save changes? Some FCDCHEAT files I’ve found before don’t allow for saving. If you could confirm this that would be great

You should still be able to add or edit codes to the save file via Codebreaker on Dreamcast if that's what you mean? Bear in mind there'll only be 2 blocks free on the VMU after using this FCDCHEATS file so you won't get many more on there.

mistamontiel wrote:By golly waow. It works! Thank you!!

How would I go about editing FCDCHEATS in the future?

First thing when VM2 finally arrives

You can either use XPDC Code Compiler to add more cheats and generate a new FCDCHEATS file or load the existing FCDCHEATS into Codebreaker on your Dreamcast.

mistamontiel
Shark Patrol

Post#20 » Thu Jan 25, 2024 12:03 pm

I not seeing XPDC, pardon

Jus to reduce scrolling.. did see many entries only for 16:9 that don't do jack for me on no CRT monitor