Towards The Future++ Side Quest

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
Sonic1994DC
Carnage

Re: Towards The Future++ Side Quest

Post#11 » Sat Jan 20, 2024 10:07 pm

Ok we can try Ult next time and Very Hard mode. Yes I'll be the dragon this time. Let's say tomorrow at the same time 5PM EST

mistamontiel
Shark Patrol

Post#12 » Sun Jan 21, 2024 3:20 am

I'll try, also in EST

cbnj
brutal

Post#13 » Sun Jan 21, 2024 8:53 am

Strangest cool thing i ever read :)

Sonic1994DC
Carnage

Post#14 » Sun Jan 21, 2024 5:31 pm

Hello, me and mistamontiel just tried doing this side quest not so long ago but I totally forgot since he plays as a female character it doesn't work. You instead do the other side quest call "Love Check" and yes. You can do this side quest in regular TTF. As the description for this side quest goes: In Towards the Future, a party of two players (one male, one female) may speak to the FOmarl by the check room before beginning the quest to receive a Love Code, visible in their Quest Board. Once all of Forest is cleared, the players may press the terminal in the first room of Forest to activate the Love Check.

Once the Love Check is activated, the couple must defeat Dark Falz while staying very close to each other. Each second while near (within about 2 meters), the couple's love meter will grow slowly. While not nearby each other, however, it will deplete very rapidly. This meter is not visible on screen and can deplete to zero, ending the Love Check with no reward.

Upon returning to Pioneer 2 after defeating Dark Falz, the Love Check will end, and each player may visit the FOmarl again to obtain the item Accessories in their inventory. Accessories may be taken to a Lab assistant in Quest icon.pngRespective Tomorrow (considered the episode 2 "version" of Towards the Future) to trade for a Shield icon.pngGreen Ring.

Any number of Accessories can be obtained through repeat Love Checks per character, and on any difficulty. The trade for the Green Ring, however, can only be done once per character.

Soulfingers83
noob

Post#15 » Mon Jan 22, 2024 1:40 pm

Sonic1994DC wrote:So the person was controlling the dragon and was able to attack me and the other player. It paralyze me and was able to make the other person small. Incredible.

I was the guy who was shrunk by the dragon. It was like playing Mario Kart and getting hit by the storm cloud! :lol:

Sonic1994DC
Carnage

Post#16 » Mon Jan 22, 2024 3:56 pm

I was the guy who was shrunk by the dragon. It was like playing Mario Kart and getting hit by the storm cloud! :lol:[/quote]

Welcome to Dreamcast-Talk! I hate those storm clouds in Mario Kart