Towards The Future++ Side Quest

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
Sonic1994DC
Carnage

Towards The Future++ Side Quest

Post#1 » Sat Jan 13, 2024 4:56 pm

I'm trying to figure out the secret to the quest TTF++. So apparently you can do a side quest in it before you start TTF++. First instead of going straight to Forest 2 go see the principal. He won't be there, you need to talk to Neoblast (the guy on the right) and speak to him and he'll give you a gift. (You need to talk to him first or else you can't access the computer) Nothing appears in your items but on your quest board. You can play music during the quest. Then talk to the guy that where the principal should be. He'll tell you to get out and leave then a chat message comes up (Suspicious activity found! Report back to the administrator) Once you leave the principal go to the shop. The administrator (Impulse) will be there. Talk to him and he'll give you a ESF Master Key. There are 4 master terminals you need to activate. They activate the emergency system firewalls. Once activated, the system shuts down all external communication. After your done talking with him, start Forest 2. Kill all the first wave of enemy's then access the computer there. It will give you a message that will read that you corrected some type of error in the server. Once I did that I headed to the boss. Do not tap any buttons and let the scene play all the way through or else it will skip it and ruin the quest. Once you let the scene play all the way through you can control the dragon! From there on out I don't know what to do. You have to quit the game. My best guess is that you need 3 other players for this side quest. Now I'm really interested in seeing what else happens. Do your other team mates control the other bosses? I never heard or seen anyone talk about this

IMG_8686.jpeg

IMG_8688.jpeg

IMG_8689.jpeg

IMG_8690.jpeg

IMG_8691.jpeg

IMG_8692.jpeg

IMG_8693.jpeg

IMG_8694.jpeg

IMG_8695.jpeg

IMG_8697.jpeg

IMG_8701.jpeg

IMG_8711.jpeg

IMG_8705.jpeg

IMG_8677.jpeg

IMG_8678.jpeg

IMG_8713.jpeg

IMG_8714.jpeg

IMG_8715.jpeg
Last edited by Sonic1994DC on Sun Jan 14, 2024 9:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

mistamontiel
Shark Patrol

Re: Towards The Future++ Side Quest

Post#2 » Sat Jan 13, 2024 9:12 pm

I remember this forever ago.. only talk to force NPC next to storeroom and hit terminal and you're dragon

I doubt the other bosses feature using them, I believe it's all shits+giggles really you can play a friendly or ass dragon

Sonic1994DC
Carnage

Post#3 » Sat Jan 13, 2024 9:36 pm

I know in the cave and mine there are those invisible walls where you could walk into the room and there empty. I wonder if you would have a full team if somehow you can get them to appear in them? :ugeek:

mistamontiel
Shark Patrol

Post#4 » Sun Jan 14, 2024 1:25 pm

OH!!! HOL UP

I'm doing all you mentioned now. But I can't believe I forgot the ++ version gives you DOUBLE DRAGON x2 to wrap forest..

Now this is what I've been dying to test. Can be good dragon and kill other and it being empty threat?

Sonic1994DC
Carnage

Post#5 » Sun Jan 14, 2024 2:17 pm

That's why I want to explore this side quest. I can't find anywhere on the internet or even posts on here what it tells you what happens if you do the side quest. I got to get some people to play this quest with me so I can find out what happens in the side quest. Maybe you get a special item. I did see this old post from 2009 on Dreamcast-Talk talking about the release of this quest. When it was new but little to no info was giving on what the side quest were to hold. viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1449&hilit=towards+the+future

mistamontiel
Shark Patrol

Post#6 » Sun Jan 14, 2024 2:56 pm

Shit well I became dragon with no extra I'm afraid. Right trigger kneeled but I blew it on A button it booted me out to forest n then on to kill the duo. First time I've done that meself actually, sweet!

I killed off the cave but terminal two is not here (pushed on every would-be door too). All the time I have right now sadly (when dcwzrd comes back for Saturday stream we ought to give this a whirl)

Sonic1994DC
Carnage

Post#7 » Sun Jan 14, 2024 3:05 pm

Maybe you and me will have to figure out this rabbit hole together. A secret is waiting to be discovered

mistamontiel
Shark Patrol

Post#8 » Sat Jan 20, 2024 5:29 pm

That was nutty! On first dragon (me) death I was underneath in black void then when other one killed I plopped back up

999999 mesetas gone now I restore

I think it's player two it wants to choose even that we all got same dialogue

Sonic1994DC
Carnage

Post#9 » Sat Jan 20, 2024 8:32 pm

I did this quest today with two other people and got this. So the person was controlling the dragon and was able to attack me and the other player. It paralyze me and was able to make the other person small. Incredible. Once I killed the first dragon the person controlling the 1st dragon was able to control the 2nd dragon. Once I killed it the person controlling the dragon came out of the dragon and I had to revive the person. After that we headed to the next area and then it got weird. Suddenly when me and the other player went through the portal the other person didn't go through with us. They either disconnected or it was part of the quest. That's a strange place to disconnect if they did disconnect. After that still no new leads. I have some idea's on what we should have done. Like maybe not defeating the dragon and doing something else. Lol! That was you I was just playing with. I just realize that :lol:

IMG_8774.jpeg

IMG_8775.jpeg

IMG_8776.jpeg

IMG_8777.jpeg

IMG_8779.jpeg
Attachments
IMG_8778.jpeg

mistamontiel
Shark Patrol

Post#10 » Sat Jan 20, 2024 8:59 pm

I think when my dragon got knocked HP down then other one separated from illusion and my analog was moving them both

I din't see no paralyze no shrink it was real shitty lol, try ULT next time so not slow as molasses. Your turn you be second to join

Yeh I exited to restore mesetas