DCDigital Settings?

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
DCGX
Vagabond

DCDigital Settings?

Post#1 » Wed Jan 31, 2024 8:37 am

This didn't get any traction in the "Support" section, so I'll drop it here:

I recently had the newest version of DCDigital installed in my Dreamcast, and I'm pretty happy about it! Despite my ability to solder and the minor mods I've done, I didn't trust myself and had Retro Digital install it for me.

Anyway, I got it back a few weeks ago, and just not having to deal with the extra steps to play non-VGA games is enough to warrant the price for me. 'REZ' still doesn't load every time, which is a problem I've always had with it (I've had a region free bios installed for more than 20 years, and angling the DC on startup doesn't always work), and frustratingly, as I outlined here a few years ago, I still can't get 'NFL 2K2,' 'NCAA 2K2' or 'NBA 2K2' to run after the SEGA Sports splash screen. Despite those instances, it plays everything great.

I do get some noise on the very top line and very bottom line. It's not being caused by the HDMI splitter I'm using, nor my receiver (my HDMI cable is too short to plug directly into the TV, though I never had issues with any other devices through those two before either). It's mostly noticeable during startup, and doesn't affect gameplay. Retro Digital just suggested adjusting the viewable window to hide it.

So I was wondering what everyone's settings are for their DCDigital, and if there's any "best" recommendations. Right now I have mine set to 4K output, no interpolation, no scanlines etc., and no HDR (which looks too saturated to me).