Post your setups

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
jdollatari
rebel

Re: Post your setups

Post#661 » Sat Feb 03, 2024 11:08 am

Unmodded running burnt discs like its the 2000s still haha
2 Vmus 3 OG controllers -one millenium 2000 model and a retro fighters striker dc
It's still thinking :D

Bluesfire
noob

Post#662 » Fri Mar 08, 2024 5:43 pm

Well I've had a stock white DC for a few years but admittedly haven't given it nearly enough love. But recently I finally bought this SEGA Sports DC from my work (I repair game consoles). It had come in with a half-assed GD-Emu install, no heatsinks, no supports, improperly formatted sd card full of bad cdi rips, etc.

I tore it down, recapped the main board, did the standard controller port PCB upgrade, cleaned everything, made some nice supports for the GD-Emu using machine screws and threaded brass standoffs, also had our fabrication guy make a nice custom bracket to hold some N64 heatsinks on the chips. Now the GD-Emu sits nice and rock solid and the system runs nice and cool.

I got my Toro box in yesterday, so I've been having a real blast playing with this thing on my RGB modified CRTs. I also have a Brook Wingman adapter coming in tomorrow!

Mythforsaken
noob

Post#663 » Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:04 pm

Thats freaking awesome.

dcTera
noob

Post#664 » Wed Apr 03, 2024 7:16 am

Some really nice setups in this thread. I own a PAL HKT3030 with GDemu purchased off ebay a while back, came with 5.1.5b but have since modded my original DC (same model number but no discolouring) with a clone, the other mods are the battery mod + resettable fuse on the controller board. I've never had any issues with the fuse in all my years of use or was I even aware it was a problem until recently

running via a RGC packapunch into a retrotink 5x

long time lurker here but registered today to post a fix for someone having issues in the card manager thread

Tankish83
shadow

Post#665 » Sat Apr 13, 2024 8:48 pm

Just got the dreamcast working TODAY.
Attachments
20240327_115136.jpg

Van Halbgott
noob

Post#666 » Sun Apr 14, 2024 10:46 am

image.jpg
This is my current setup, complete with my new smart TV.

Return to “Lounge”