Games that you can only get on Dreamcast.

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
dark
Shark Patrol

Re: Games that you can only get on Dreamcast.

Post#61 » Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:19 pm

I think $20 is on the low end of the spectrum for what I've seen TR priced at and sold for lately on online sites. Am I the only one who thinks $20 is somewhat expensive for 12 year old used games? I think the majority of the US DC library falls within the $10 and under category, and only a select few (mostly capcom games) get much above that.

CD AGES
Shark Patrol

Post#62 » Fri Jun 15, 2012 5:13 pm

Am I the only one who thinks $20 is somewhat expensive

I think a $20 price tag is more than reasonable especially if the contents of the game justify it.

Yeah it has expansive story modes and lots of stuff to unlock and buy in a shop. It's anawesomegame, but it will cost you $$ like Cannon Spike.

The game is no where near as expensive as Cannon SPIKE is and has been over the years! Tech Romancer has only been up until recently, gone up in price. But for the longest, its been a very affordable capcom title on DC (plasma Sword is the only ther one that has been cheap below the $20 mark). Any other capcom offering goes for more than a $20!
It's STILL Thinking Dreamcast Channel

The ReviveDC Project blog; reviews for our releases and news

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Post#63 » Fri Jun 15, 2012 5:19 pm

dark wrote:Am I the only one who thinks $20 is somewhat expensive for 12 year old used games?

Nope. That would be the absolute top price I would pay for most retro games. If the game was really rare (such as Panzer Dragoon Saga or Guardian Heroes for the Saturn) then I might pay more. The average price I pay for a Dreamcast game would be between $5 and $10.
PSO Characters:
Teal'c - lvl 119 HUcast - GC# 11666
Alto - lvl 39 FOnewm - GC# 12964

YouTube Channel : Dreamcast Live

dark
Shark Patrol

Post#64 » Fri Jun 15, 2012 5:27 pm

Any other capcom offering goes for more than a $20!

Here are a couple more that I see routinely going for below $20

-Jo Jo's Bizarre Adventure
-CvSNK 1, US or JPN, Pro or non-pro edition
-RE Code Veronica
-RE 3
-Dino Crisis
-SF Zero 3
-SFIII Double Impact

CD AGES
Shark Patrol

Post#65 » Fri Jun 15, 2012 5:31 pm

Really!? I mean, I don't see myself paying over $10 to $15 on a sizable chunck of the DC library yeah, but do you expect to pay $5 to $10 for games like Project justice, Marvel 2, BangiO, 3rd Strike, Power Stone etc. Just like you can justify "paying a little more" for game like Guardian heroes on the saturn because of their rarity, keep in mind that PJ on DC only pushed 25,000 units in the U.S.

Food for thought

CD AGES
Shark Patrol

Post#66 » Fri Jun 15, 2012 5:35 pm

-Jo Jo's Bizarre Adventure -CvSNK 1, US or JPN, Pro or non-pro edition -RE Code Veronica -RE 3 -Dino Crisis -SF Zero 3 -SFIII Double Impact

Ok, screw JPN releases as they are another alternative to save money for the MAJORITY of the DC library, so that's a given!

Yeah I forgot CV, Dino and Alpha3.

But the rest on that list has been steadily goin up in value and it happening gradually but surely.

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Post#67 » Fri Jun 15, 2012 5:37 pm

CD AGES wrote:but do you expect to pay $5 to $10 for games like Project justice, Marvel 2, BangiO, 3rd Strike, Power Stone etc.

I didn't say I wouldn't pay over $10. I said that's the most I normally pay for the average game. I paid about $15 total for my copy of Power Stone 2 after I had to buy the case and manual (I only paid a little over a $1 for the game itself). $20 would be my limit and I can safely say I've seen most of those games you mentioned sell for under that. You just have to have a good eye for deals like me! ;)
PSO Characters:
Teal'c - lvl 119 HUcast - GC# 11666
Alto - lvl 39 FOnewm - GC# 12964

YouTube Channel : Dreamcast Live

CD AGES
Shark Patrol

Post#68 » Fri Jun 15, 2012 5:41 pm

I can safely say I've seen most of those games you mentionedsellfor under that.Youjust have to have a good eye for deals like me!

Yeah, I have an eye, believe you me! But that cheaper price tag that some of those games you see usually come at a price, scratches, resurfaced disc, a pin hole gallery LOL!

jalvarez82
MicroMidget

Post#69 » Fri Jun 15, 2012 6:22 pm

CD AGES wrote:Yeah... Tech Romancer is nowhere close to expensive as Cannon Spike! Just fished a CIB mint copy for a friend for only $20 recently!

I got lucky with Cannon Spike as well. Its a loose copy (disc is mint), but I picked it up at a GameCrazy years ago for only $8.

CD AGES
Shark Patrol

Post#70 » Fri Jun 15, 2012 6:46 pm

That's def a scenario I been thru more than once when it comes to a crazy deal on a games that commands a decent amount of money!