Games that you can only get on Dreamcast.

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
WildCard
Beats of Rage

Re: Games that you can only get on Dreamcast.

Post#71 » Fri Jun 15, 2012 7:06 pm

Hmm... i would rather pay $50 for a good dreamcast game than $50 on most of the shitty games that come out now.

But thats just me.

Neku
lithium

Post#72 » Fri Jun 15, 2012 7:47 pm

How are you guys getting games so cheap? nearly all the games for sale are over $10 but that might be because of shipping expenses on my part.

Also, doesn't Shenmue 1 and 2 for PAL go for quite a bit of money? So does Seaman. I overpaid Jet Grind Radio because I neglected searching for the PAL version (my mistake) Other games like Crazy Taxi, Worms Armageddon and the Sega Smash Pack were all $10 or under though.

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Post#73 » Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:31 pm

Neku wrote:How are you guys getting games so cheap?

Mostly eBay and Amazon. I also get some of my games from Goozex which is a game trading site (You trade games to other users for points and use the points to get new games). If you look at my list of games here, almost every game there I got for $10 or less (including shipping). Here are the few exceptions:

Shenmue (eBay) - Not positive about this one but I think I paid about $12. It was one of the first games I bought.

Power Stone 2 (eBay) - As stated above, I paid about $1 for the actual game then another $14 or so for the case and manual.

Grandia II (Goozex) - I paid 450 points which is equivalent to about $22.50. Of course I technically just traded a bunch of games for it.

Armada (Goozex) - 250 points or about $12.50.
PSO Characters:
Teal'c - lvl 119 HUcast - GC# 11666
Alto - lvl 39 FOnewm - GC# 12964

YouTube Channel : Dreamcast Live

Neku
lithium

Post#74 » Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:12 pm

pcwzrd13 wrote:
Neku wrote:How are you guys getting games so cheap?

Mostly eBay and Amazon. I also get some of my games from Goozex which is a game trading site (You trade games to other users for points and use the points to get new games). If you look at my list of games here, almost every game there I got for $10 or less (including shipping). Here are the few exceptions:

Shenmue (eBay) - Not positive about this one but I think I paid about $12. It was one of the first games I bought.

Power Stone 2 (eBay) - As stated above, I paid about $1 for the actual game then another $14 or so for the case and manual.

Grandia II (Goozex) - I paid 450 points which is equivalent to about $22.50. Of course I technically just traded a bunch of games for it.

Armada (Goozex) - 250 points or about $12.50.

I don't know how you found Shenmue for so cheap, most of Ebay are going for $30 or more! (PAL Version anyway.)

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Post#75 » Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:24 pm

Neku wrote:I don't know how you found Shenmue for so cheap, most of Ebay are going for $30 or more! (PAL Version anyway.)

Mine is the US version. It actually seems to have gone down in value since I bought it. I'm pretty sure I've seen some end just under $10.
PSO Characters:

Neku
lithium

Post#76 » Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:04 pm

There is no way to transfer a Shenmue 1 save to Shenmue 2 unless they are the same region, right?

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Post#77 » Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:06 pm

Neku wrote:There is no way to transfer a Shenmue 1 save to Shenmue 2 unless they are the same region, right?

Yes, unfortunately that is correct. Apparently there is a way to convert a US save to a PAL save but you need a way to transfer it to your PC.
PSO Characters:

Neku
lithium

Post#78 » Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:29 am

So Shenmue 1 + 2 are going to be on PSN...

And I just bought both. Shenmue 1 + 2 were crazy expensive on the DC btw, since they were the PAL versions and I got the cheapest I could find.

I should of just waited, I thought they were only rumours but they seem pretty much confirmed now. Sorta feel like I overpayed because they will drop in value soon but maybe I'm overreacting?

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Post#79 » Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:58 am

Neku wrote:Sorta feel like I overpayed because they will drop in value soon but maybe I'm overreacting?

Overpay for the two best video games ever created?! Impossible! ;) I doubt they will drop in price because of HD re-releases. It's mostly collectors that are buying them so it's not like they're going to buy the PSN version instead.
PSO Characters:

Neku
lithium

Post#80 » Fri Jun 22, 2012 6:29 pm

I'm pissed, Shenmue 1 came with a cracked case. :x

How much will it devalue it and does anyone know where to find a replacement case (has to be the PAL version)