How to make custom DC Genesis Echelon Emu

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
MrSega

Re: How to make custom DC Genesis Echelon Emu

Post#31 » Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:25 pm

djvectorman wrote:Well like I said, I have all the Genesis emus for DC and all have avg or below avg sound, which I don't care about either. At all. The Genesis hardware had meh outdated 1988/89 sound anyway.

Also, all the emus have hundreds or thousands of games, which sucks scrolling or triggering through on the dreamcast, I just want my top 50 to play.

What is problem with offering a $1 to a person who kind kindly due this for me ? I am just asking idk.

I like the Echelon version because it runs games good. I just want 25 roms in rom folder instead of 3000. If anybody can upload a working version of what I asked for, I'd appreciate it. See post 1, a picture of cd files is there.

Again, I am not technical, all I can do is burn ISO or download sd iso for my sd card reader.

I either want this as a file I could burn onto cd play in my dreamcast or a dc iso.

Genesis/Mega Drive/System 16 uses the main proccessor Z80(the actual CPU) of the SG-1000 for sound. Because its only one 8-bit channel, its slow and primitive.

I don't think there's anyway to emulate Echelon with MIDI sound on the CD ROM letterbook to change the AVG sound. I've never used Echelon or tried burning a DC game so I wouldn't know.

Comrade Snarky
Vagabond

Post#32 » Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:17 am

Uh... whaaaaaaaat?

Echelon is a group of crackers who released games for Dreamcast... not something to be emulated... and... I don't even know why you're talking about MIDI sound or AVG sound...

everynewday84
Nemesis

Post#33 » Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:27 am

Dude, drop it. Just let him have his make believe time..
This is a message to you:
Do what you love; Love what you do.

Comrade Snarky
Vagabond

Post#34 » Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:47 am

Ah forget this post.

everynewday84
Nemesis

Post#35 » Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:56 am

Comrade Snarky wrote:Ah forget this post.

:mrgreen: