CD ROMANCE WARNING

Discuss Dreamcast related events and other Dreamcast websites here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Green Ranger
killer

Re: CD ROMANCE WARNING

Post#11 » Fri Feb 16, 2024 3:43 pm

SparkThaMetal wrote:Just posting this to warn people that CD Romance has corrupted Dreamcast Iso's

Yikes! Thanks for the warning. Let's hope they eventually correct the problem in the future. :(

redjeff76
Anarki

Post#12 » Fri Feb 16, 2024 5:30 pm

I have had zero problem downloading files from cdromance. I have downloaded like 90% of the DC library from there and all my files work fine. This warning is extreme. It may of happened to a couple games. But In my experience all my downloads have been perfectly fine from the site. Every rom site has a few games that aren't good dumps. No biggie, get that file from one of the other dozens of site options. But to label the whole site as corrupt is just wrong. Just my 2 cents....

SparkThaMetal
dark night

Post#13 » Tue Feb 27, 2024 7:40 pm

redjeff76 wrote:I have had zero problem downloading files from cdromance. I have downloaded like 90% of the DC library from there and all my files work fine. This warning is extreme. It may of happened to a couple games. But In my experience all my downloads have been perfectly fine from the site. Every rom site has a few games that aren't good dumps. No biggie, get that file from one of the other dozens of site options. But to label the whole site as corrupt is just wrong. Just my 2 cents....

You downloaded 500+ games manually from there like that? Rather you than me lol i'll stick to torrents (TOSEc etc) or for CDI's theres mega folders on here with everything collected. Both ways you dont have to be clicking on hundreds of webpages like with rom sites (eg click alphabet letter, click game, click file you want, multiplied by every game= Thousands of clicks). Plus with torrents you can verify the file matches 100%, so no corruption issues. With Mega you just d/l the entire folder with megasync/downloader .

Regarding your view that the warning is too extreme, how so? There's no point in promoting the continued use of a site that doesn't care about spreading corrupted dreamcast isos around. No one wants to be troubleshooting ''what's up with the garbled graphics''. I've never seen that on any other iso I've got from any other rom site.

Others have also confirmed its been an issue for years.

So sorry, but I don't agree that it's too extreme. Thanks for your comment though.

redjeff76
Anarki

Post#14 » Tue Feb 27, 2024 10:00 pm

so you think no other iso sites have corrupted games on their sites. That is just ignorant and willfully blind. I have downloaded from many sites for many systems for years. You will come across bad downloads time and again. It is part of the business. You think that every ROM site tests every game they host on original systems?! You are delusional to believe that. It sounds like you found a couple bad downloads and got your feelings hurt. You oughta just find another site or another download. That is what people do. But your tirade against one site you feel has done you wrong is bordering on slanderous. As you said they have been around for a long time. So their hosting must be acceptable to many. Sites host hundreds if not thousands of files, best believe they all do not test them all on original hardware. This isn't a cdromance only issue. It is an issue with most of the sites. Find a bad Rom - move on, that simple. Relax bruh...you act like cdromance stole your mum's knickers. :P

mistamontiel
Shark Patrol

Post#15 » Tue Feb 27, 2024 10:10 pm

l0l