Startech USB56KEMH2 and dreampi

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

totalexile
shadow

Re: Having issues getting online (dreampi and Conexant CX93010-21Z)

Post#21 » Tue Aug 22, 2023 8:17 am

Also I've found out that the purpose of the firmware/patch is to enable voice support on the Startech USB56KEMH2 but should only be required for devices made before 2001. Those made after 2001 should have the firmware and be voice compatible/ready out of the box.

DavidCoq
shadow

Re: Startech USB56KEMH2 and dreampi

Post#22 » Tue Aug 22, 2023 12:21 pm

totalexile wrote:No modifications but I think I did do an update using 'sudo apt-get update' and 'sudo apt-get upgrade'.

I've done you a shakey video so you can see it working:
https://youtu.be/nE1Lm7QXuWQ

I thank you for having documented it with a video. It was exactly the update to be done. I had resolved it a few days ago with Scrivani privately.

OniKuno
shadow

Post#23 » Sat Sep 23, 2023 6:15 pm

Hello,
It's good to hear that this particular USB modem works with the dreampi set up, is it ok if someone to re-upload the firmware for the modem since the links are given are dead.

thanks in advance :)

Zarper
shadow

Post#24 » Sat Sep 23, 2023 8:22 pm

OniKuno wrote:Hello,
It's good to hear that this particular USB modem works with the dreampi set up, is it ok if someone to re-upload the firmware for the modem since the links are given are dead.

I updated my link a few posts up.

Virepri
noob

Post#25 » Sat Sep 23, 2023 8:29 pm

OniKuno wrote:Hello,

https://archive.org/details/usb-56-kemh-2-firmware is where I got mine

I got it working with a MagicJack as a LVI

OniKuno
shadow

Re: Having issues getting online (dreampi and Conexant CX93010-21Z)

Post#26 » Mon Sep 25, 2023 5:44 pm

totalexile wrote:Also I've found out that the purpose of the firmware/patch is to enable voice support on the Startech USB56KEMH2 but should only be required for devices made before 2001. Those made after 2001 should have the firmware and be voice compatible/ready out of the box.

Yes, if the device have a sticker "rev 2" confirmed to have the latest firmware, I can confirm that, I actually contacted startech themselves via email.

I actually recently bought the modem just a couple days ago, now waiting on a line voltage inducer then I'm good to go!

:)