Quake 3 Stats page fixed

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

brourke228
Game Server Admin

Quake 3 Stats page fixed

Post#1 » Tue Sep 06, 2022 1:03 pm

Hey all,
Impulse brought to my attention that the Q3 statistics page hasn't been working for some time (since March actually). We've had issues in the past with the statistics parser/interpreter application we use where over time it would stop working because there was something in the server log file which it didn't like (statistics are generated from the server log). And when that happened in the past we would just revert it to an older log file to fix the issue which I just did. After looking into it a little further though, it seems the reason this has been happening over the last several years is because the Dreamcast-Talk FFA and CTF Q3 servers both shared the same log file. So if there were games ongoing in both servers at the same time they would both be writing to the log file at the same time which could cause data that the Q3 stats application isn't able to interpret. To prevent this from happening in the future I created separate log files for each server but as a result we will only be displaying ranking and statistics on the Stats page for the DCTalk FFA server going forward since that seems to be the more popular one.

The Q3 Statistics page can be viewed here: https://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/app.php/page/q3stats
Regards,
brourke228