Daytona USA Progress

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

OlivusPrime
dirty sailor

Re: Daytona USA Progress

Post#271 » Fri Jan 26, 2024 4:52 am

ByteComputer78 wrote:Does anyone tried the DAYTONA USA Arcade Music & Sounds V1.4 by TD ? I burned the .cdi, tried it on my Dreamcast and it didn't work. For me, the online experience should be much nicer with those arcade sounds ? or maybe not ? I have a .cdi file with online features on but it does not have the arcade music. Can someone help me with that ? Anyone got this working ? If there is nothing to do I will just play the original USA game.

I have a feeling previous arcade sound mods had the online mode removed due to disc space. I’m hoping to have an arcade sounds mod of my own out in the coming months, with online play and widescreen support if it’s possible, so maybe watch this space.

ByteComputer78
shadow

Post#272 » Fri Feb 23, 2024 9:19 am

I am gonna use the vanilla version of Daytona USA. With new servers going on, it's interesting to have these features into online mode. I tried my cd-r with the Utopia bootdisk, and it does nothing. I'll watch this space.

mistamontiel
Shark Patrol

Post#273 » Fri Feb 23, 2024 11:08 am

Trash your Utopia, CDIs that don't selfboot have no optimization, cooks optical drive quickly

Daytona Echelon is amazing it's the only one with web browser intact that is needed to download a save to go network playing. I'd even compared with my genuine GD-R and sounds just the same