[POD/MONACO] I discovered a tweak that shows each game properly in DC Now

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Re: [POD/MONACO] I discovered a tweak that shows each game properly in DC Now

Post#11 » Tue Jun 20, 2023 10:42 am

Scrivani wrote:You think we should keep the temporary fix suggestion to people test if work for them?

Sure. Although if it doesn't work they'll end up with nothing on DC Now instead of the split image. I actually thought of something that might be a better solution than removing "connecting.gameloft.com" altogether. I suggested to Shu that he could add a 10 second delay before sending the info to DC Now. This should in theory give the Pi plenty of time to send its info first. I'll update when I hear back from him.
PSO Characters:
Teal'c - lvl 119 HUcast - GC# 11666
Alto - lvl 39 FOnewm - GC# 12964

YouTube Channel : Dreamcast Live

Scrivani
Vagabond

Post#12 » Tue Jun 20, 2023 12:23 pm

While this, I'll look if the game doesn't send connect.gameloft other times after, if yes will split again
Happy if may help:
- BBA Mode for DreamPi: https://bit.ly/3JEIuhs
- VPN Port Fowarding: https://bit.ly/3Bgw4bu
- DC Now Data Analysis: https://bit.ly/42coxXw
- DC KARA NOT DEAD AT ALL- VCD Method: https://bit.ly/3P6VePw
- Know part of BR Community: https://bit.ly/3iLXS12

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Post#13 » Wed Jun 21, 2023 12:10 pm

Ok, Shu has rolled out a possible fix. DC Now should show the split image initially but it will change to the appropriate game after about 30 seconds. Let me know if this works for you.

Make sure you undo the change in the original post if you've done so or else you won't know if it's working.

Edit: Shu is still testing some things so it may not work correctly at the moment. I'll update when things are up and running.

Edit 2: The fix is up and running. Seems to be working for a few people. As I suspected though, there are two different issues. If it doesn't work for you then there's an issue with matching your IP to a player on DC Now. This can hopefully be fixed in another way but Kazade will need to work on some things on his side. At the moment he's pretty tied up with the Driving Strikers release but maybe after that's done. At least for now this should work for many.
PSO Characters:
Teal'c - lvl 119 HUcast - GC# 11666
Alto - lvl 39 FOnewm - GC# 12964

YouTube Channel : Dreamcast Live

OlivusPrime
dirty sailor

Post#14 » Sat Jul 15, 2023 5:37 pm

So should this be fixed for anyone who appears in Dreamcast Now? I've just tried it for a few minutes with both games and the Dreamcast Now image isn't progressing beyond the split one.

OlivusPrime
dirty sailor

Post#15 » Sun Sep 03, 2023 5:06 pm

pcwzrd13 wrote:Ok, Shu has rolled out a possible fix. DC Now should show the split image initially but it will change to the appropriate game after about 30 seconds. Let me know if this works for you.

Make sure you undo the change in the original post if you've done so or else you won't know if it's working.

Edit: Shu is still testing some things so it may not work correctly at the moment. I'll update when things are up and running.

Edit 2: The fix is up and running. Seems to be working for a few people. As I suspected though, there are two different issues. If it doesn't work for you then there's an issue with matching your IP to a player on DC Now. This can hopefully be fixed in another way but Kazade will need to work on some things on his side. At the moment he's pretty tied up with the Driving Strikers release but maybe after that's done. At least for now this should work for many.

Hey PC, I just tried this again during Monaco Euro game night tonight, and my profile's still coming up with the split image. It doesn't seem to be a regional thing, as another player from the UK had the correct image. My connection speed seems to be okay and I'm on DreamPi 1.8. Any idea what the issue might be?

Xiden
Developer

Post#16 » Sun Sep 03, 2023 10:36 pm

OlivusPrime wrote:
pcwzrd13 wrote:Ok, Shu has rolled out a possible fix. DC Now should show the split image initially but it will change to the appropriate game after about 30 seconds. Let me know if this works for you.

Hey PC, I just tried this again during Monaco Euro game night tonight, and my profile's still coming up with the split image. It doesn't seem to be a regional thing, as another player from the UK had the correct image. My connection speed seems to be okay and I'm on DreamPi 1.8. Any idea what the issue might be?

Check your router and see if you can disable IPV6. That was the reason mine didn't work. Apparently DC Now isn't compatible with IPV6, and I'm guessing that's what's getting served up to DC Now instead of the IPV4.

OlivusPrime
dirty sailor

Post#17 » Mon Sep 04, 2023 5:07 pm

Xiden wrote:Check your router and see if you can disable IPV6. That was the reason mine didn't work. Apparently DC Now isn't compatible with IPV6, and I'm guessing that's what's getting served up to DC Now instead of the IPV4.

That did the trick! Thanks very much! :D