Progress with questions

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

sutt22
rebel

Progress with questions

Post#1 » Wed Jun 28, 2023 10:29 am

Hey everybody! I've made progress on being able to play games now that I finally figured out the main issue that was restricting my online access for my DC. Mr.Dobbs thanks for trying to play NFL2k2 with me early early this morning. I was able to turn on DMZ for my DC and actually enter an online game of NFL2K2. only problem was massive lag. So should I forward ports?
Thank you!
"The road to Hell is paved with good intentions." ~ Bernard of Clairvaux

ncman071
Sunday Shootout

Re: Progress with questions

Post#2 » Wed Jun 28, 2023 10:48 am

Once its in dmz...that takes care of all the ports for dreamcast. Just maje sure you dmzd ending in .98. Also as far as lag..the sports games are p2p so just depends on the connection with you and the other opponent which has nothing to do with the server of the game.

ncman071
Sunday Shootout

Post#3 » Wed Jun 28, 2023 10:50 am

Oh one last thing...to help with lag...i try to .ake sure I reboot my modem before playing dc online especially the sports games and that usually helps with lag

sutt22
rebel

Post#4 » Wed Jun 28, 2023 10:55 am

Awesome. Thanks for the quick replies. I didn't think it was server side issue. AFO runs great. Thats how I tested to see if my dmz was successful. I'll definitely test the sports games out again asap. Thanks again:-)

Edit: I gotta tell ya, I was just excited to be able to connect into a game X:D
"The road to Hell is paved with good intentions." ~ Bernard of Clairvaux