Daytona USA Is Back Online!

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

mistamontiel
Shark Patrol

Re: Daytona USA Is Back Online!

Post#101 » Mon Jul 31, 2023 3:23 pm

Jus tested TD's v1.4 arcade music+sounds. The audacity to say "Ripped: Nothing"!!!

Into the garbage this most definitely goes. Homepage quits to BIOS as does Net Battle too

cypressRU
lithium

Post#102 » Mon Jul 31, 2023 4:14 pm

Thanks ioncannon!!

OlivusPrime
dirty sailor

Post#103 » Mon Jul 31, 2023 6:00 pm

mistamontiel wrote:Jus tested TD's v1.4 arcade music+sounds. The audacity to say "Ripped: Nothing"!!!

Into the garbage this most definitely goes. Homepage quits to BIOS as does Net Battle too

Just a heads up to say I'm working on a new approach to the arcade sounds mod over the coming months (notably this time including music for the CCE tracks), and I'm hoping to have it working with online play and optional widescreen.

Jako
Sunday Shootout

Post#104 » Tue Aug 01, 2023 12:28 pm

OlivusPrime wrote:
mistamontiel wrote:Jus tested TD's v1.4 arcade music+sounds. The audacity to say "Ripped: Nothing"!!!

Just a heads up to say I'm working on a new approach to the arcade sounds mod over the coming months (notably this time including music for the CCE tracks), and I'm hoping to have it working with online play and optional widescreen.

I have to ask to the user @Pitito, (yes, the one that makes translations of DC games) if I can release/share a version that we done 5 or 6 years ago that includes Daytona USA 2 and Daytona CCE soundtracks. Is great, and a big change to the game experience.

This cdi is the one that I use to play online and works very well. The only bug that have is:
- Web browser is not implemented, you will need other way to get the Daytona Online Key.
-This CDI is translated to Spanish!!! Except some words hard-coded on the game, the rest are very well translated. If you speak that language will be a nice thing. If not... :-/

Sorry but I don't have the patch with the music in English.

If someone is interested, I can ask to @pitito and see if I can upload the CDI or do a patch from it. :-)
Be Dreamcast My Friend!!!

Anonymouse
Outtrigger

Post#105 » Mon Aug 07, 2023 6:43 pm

OlivusPrime wrote:

This would be AMAZING.

Could someone PM me a link to Daytona USA (us)? I would love to try this out. I have a dreampi that has sat unused for awhile, this has given me the boost to get back online with my dreamcast!
Dreamcast: Blue Swirl, 60hz, White LED, Removable battery holder, Internal SD card reader, BBA, DreamPi, RGB Scart

lozz
core

Post#106 » Mon Aug 07, 2023 7:12 pm

Anonymouse, check the downloads section of the forum. There are CDI links in the recent posts of the "requests" thread. Likewise, you should be able to find a GDI kicking around in the downloads section if you prefer.

mickschen
core

Post#107 » Thu Aug 10, 2023 12:34 pm

how are you guys?

i do a lot races now and i have to say, its really working great ingame, but the redail sucks :D

Its good to know that is still working when we do redail after each race.

So im in love with your work till now, maybe you can fix the redail thing!

mistamontiel
Shark Patrol

Post#108 » Thu Aug 10, 2023 1:00 pm

mickschen wrote:So im in love with your work till now, maybe you can fix the redail thing!

You don't back out that far

Off the top of my head the server select ioncannon test you just back out to there and can carry on

mickschen
core

Post#109 » Sun Aug 13, 2023 4:00 pm

mhhh i dont understand sorry :D

What you wanna tell me?

mistamontiel
Shark Patrol

Post#110 » Sun Aug 13, 2023 9:21 pm

You don't redial after success+fail race you go back a few menus until server select Ioncannon and play again