Daytona USA Is Back Online!

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Hunk_4TH
Anarki

Re: Daytona USA Is Back Online!

Post#71 » Mon Jul 17, 2023 3:15 pm

megavolt85 wrote:
Hunk_4TH wrote:I've read all of that but have never had a problem playing anything online in Flycast nor PCSX2 or complaints.

but now you know that there are problems

Hunk_4TH wrote:Plus that didn't really answer my question but thanks anyway.

The answer to your question is on this forum, everyone who has followed the development of the project in the relevant topic and understands the intricacies of network protocols knows why it is impossible to play daytona without dreampi. maybe the emulator developers will come up with something, but at the moment all you need to know, without dreampi at the moment it is not possible to play over the network and it doesn’t matter the emulator is a real console with pc-dc

I did try to keep up with the development but must have missed that. I apologize and I really appreciate the response! Hopefully they will figure something out :)

tak2788
undertow

Post#72 » Mon Jul 17, 2023 5:38 pm

Vill22 wrote:
tak2788 wrote:
OlivusPrime wrote:Unfortunately there were probably more disconnects I experienced than races tonight, but whenever I got through to a race it was excellent!

Was trying to figure out the whole time if the issues might be due to region or number of players. I don't think I managed to get into a 4 player race. I seemed to have more luck connecting to European players, but I did manage to connect to a couple of American players.

Are you using a burnt copy of the game? I imagine some of the images out there must have had the homepage and online components stripped out to fit the game onto a CD-R. That having been said, my copy tends to sometimes kick me back to the system menu when I quit to the main menu - are you running an NTSC copy on a PAL console like I am?

I am playing a burnt disc but on a north american console

Out of interest, where did you grab the CDI file to burn the disc?

If it was one which had the online stripped out, at least we can eliminate any future issues that people might have.

I think i got it from vimm or cd romance

Jako
Sunday Shootout

Post#73 » Tue Jul 18, 2023 3:16 am

Xiden wrote:Check list for best results:

1. Must play on real hardware
2. Dreampi 1.8
3. Dmz or port forwarding
4. Use ethernet if possible with dreampi
5. Make sure all players exit to server select after each race, even if race failed to start. By server select that means "dreampipe_daytona" select a server screen.

Im not sure if cdi disc users vs gdi matters but may be worth testing.

Sorry i wasn't able to play that night!

But I was testing a lot before and after the game night and I learned 2 more things:

-Players that uses emulators with this game make a mess making the other players have random errors.
-Yes, it works sometimes Emu vs Dreampi if emulator players Hosts the game, but the rest of rooms or players can't play anything at same time.

That's is what I have learned. Hhahahaa

Awesome experience and gameplay is excellent, so solid. Don't mind from where the player is, works so fine if you follow what Xiden said before. ;-)
Be Dreamcast My Friend!!!

Vill22
core

Post#74 » Tue Jul 18, 2023 7:25 am

Trying to get a key from the homepage but I'm getting this error after clicking the key icon:

It connects and then throws this error. Is there an issue with the server or wherever the key is hosted at the moment or is this issue at my end? I can connect to other games on my DC fine, I just checked.

Jako
Sunday Shootout

Post#75 » Tue Jul 18, 2023 7:44 am

Vill22 wrote:Trying to get a key from the homepage but I'm getting this error after clicking the key icon:

It connects and then throws this error. Is there an issue with the server or wherever the key is hosted at the moment or is this issue at my end? I can connect to other games on my DC fine, I just checked.

Hello Vill! How many time! :-)

I remember that, when you pick the Key Icon the server ask to you for your "Dreampipe Login". If login is correct it generates a key for you to download.
If fails, try the same URL with another DC browser. (Worked for me with the Browser that comes with Daytona, the USA versión of course).

If keep failing, maybe is a temporal error.

Good luck! Worth to try it :D
Be Dreamcast My Friend!!!

MoeFoh
Uber

Post#76 » Tue Jul 18, 2023 8:03 am

Hosting a burnable CDI version from Echelon that is said to support the online function. Let me know.

Daytona USA (US) CDI with online support:
https://www.mediafire.com/file_premium/ ... 29.7z/file
Last edited by MoeFoh on Tue Jul 18, 2023 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence.”
- Charles Bukowski

Vill22
core

Post#77 » Tue Jul 18, 2023 8:11 am

So I can access the web on my DC using my Dream Key 3.0 just fine, no connection issues. But trying to access game homepages in Quake or Daytona gives me the above error message, which means I can't grab an online key unless someone can point me to the specific URL and I can download it from Dream Key?

Xiden
Developer

Post#78 » Tue Jul 18, 2023 9:00 am

Vill22 wrote:So I can access the web on my DC using my Dream Key 3.0 just fine, no connection issues. But trying to access game homepages in Quake or Daytona gives me the above error message, which means I can't grab an online key unless someone can point me to the specific URL and I can download it from Dream Key?

Try setting dns 1 to 46.101.91.123, though dreampi should be doing this automatically.
Or visit Daytonausa.dreampipe.net

Vill22
core

Post#79 » Tue Jul 18, 2023 9:09 am

Xiden wrote:
Vill22 wrote:So I can access the web on my DC using my Dream Key 3.0 just fine, no connection issues. But trying to access game homepages in Quake or Daytona gives me the above error message, which means I can't grab an online key unless someone can point me to the specific URL and I can download it from Dream Key?

Try setting dns 1 to 46.101.91.123, though dreampi should be doing this automatically.

Visiting the Dreampipe URL just takes me to a different page than you see on the game homepage and when I try to download the Key from the Downloads page, it's asking me for Sega Net username and password.

Xiden
Developer

Post#80 » Tue Jul 18, 2023 9:30 am

Vill22 wrote:
Xiden wrote:

Visiting the Dreampipe URL just takes me to a different page than you see on the game homepage and when I try to download the Key from the Downloads page, it's asking me for Sega Net username and password.

Clicking the Globe at the bottom should take you to the url above, the Key Icon is a shortcut link that takes you directly to the key page. You need a Dreampipe account to download a key though. Should be a link on the login page to sign up, or goto seganet.dreampipe.net