Daytona USA homepage

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

redjeff76
Anarki

Daytona USA homepage

Post#1 » Sat Jul 29, 2023 11:19 pm

Hi,

So I have tried 2 different US copies of Daytona USA (CD-R's) and both (NTSC). When I choose "homepage" from the game menu, in hope of finding that key number you need to play online, I get kicked entirely out of the game and sent back to the Dreamcast homescreen menu. Both discs do the same thing if I choose the "online" option from the game menu as well. What am I doing wrong?

mistamontiel
Shark Patrol

Re: Daytona USA homepage

Post#2 » Sat Jul 29, 2023 11:46 pm

Duuuude haha

Let me dig in my posts I will edit this post with Echelon's. For some reason every other one nukes out the homepage and networking data. When I burn tested recently it even sounds just as nimble as my GD

EDIT: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Ux9oxv ... sp=sharing thanks to deluxux

redjeff76
Anarki

Post#3 » Sun Jul 30, 2023 12:57 am

Hell yeah! That copy got connected me to Dreampipe and got me the "key" saved on my VMU. I was able to get online after that with the game option to get online on the game main menu. It then had me sign in a user name and then let me choose my server, which was like dreampipe-usa. But then the game says disconnecting and that an error occured. It suggest trying again later. I think it was just that there was no one else online or that the server was down. But I dunno. What do you think? Does it sound like everything was set up and working right, like how it does for you?

Well regardless, THANKS for the good copy of Daytona USA! Your copy was the difference here thus far.
Haha, now you wouldn't have a working copy of Monaco Grand Prix (Racing Simulator 2) Online by chance?

Xiden
Developer

Post#4 » Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:43 am

redjeff76 wrote:Hell yeah! That copy got connected me to Dreampipe and got me the "key" saved on my VMU. I was able to get online after that with the game option to get online on the game main menu. It then had me sign in a user name and then let me choose my server, which was like dreampipe-usa. But then the game says disconnecting and that an error occured. It suggest trying again later. I think it was just that there was no one else online or that the server was down. But I dunno. What do you think? Does it sound like everything was set up and working right, like how it does for you?

Well regardless, THANKS for the good copy of Daytona USA! Your copy was the difference here thus far.
Haha, now you wouldn't have a working copy of Monaco Grand Prix (Racing Simulator 2) Online by chance?

Server was down, but its back up now

mistamontiel
Shark Patrol

Post#5 » Sun Jul 30, 2023 11:55 am

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=13092

Monaco On-Line is here

EDIT: I tested this again, the inject errors with each track but it worked I 7zipped the CDI afterwards and she's fat

redjeff76
Anarki

Post#6 » Sun Jul 30, 2023 3:29 pm

so I need to run the "inject.exe" file before burning the .cdi CD-R?

mistamontiel
Shark Patrol

Post#7 » Sun Jul 30, 2023 6:18 pm

If you want chunes if you want the musics