Problem with Flycast online

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Ojotnik
noob

Problem with Flycast online

Post#1 » Sun Jul 30, 2023 2:45 am

good evening

I have started these days to look for information on how to play Dreamcast online with emulators, I found the Flycast option but without much information :( In the few youtube videos I see they talk about something extremely easy but in my attempts in Quake 3 or PSO I can't connect, I have the upnp enabled as well as the DMZ in the router for the IP of my machine.

I appreciate any additional information on this topic.

lozz
core

Re: Problem with Flycast online

Post#2 » Sun Jul 30, 2023 11:09 am

You shouldn't DMZ your computer under any circumstances - that leaves it wide open to all sorts of threats. DMZ-ing a Dreamcast is fine because it isn't likely to be a target for hackers/viruses, but that's not so for a computer. I'd recommend reversing that as soon as possible.

I'm personally not familiar with using flycast, but there are a handful of people on the Sega Online discord (Sega online.net) that play online with it, and they might be able to help you out.

Holsten
fragger

Re: Problem with Flycast online

Post#3 » Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:54 pm

Strange, quake 3 should just work without dmz on flycast without having to turn on any settings, atleast that is how it was on all the devices i have it installed on.
Holsten knallt am dollsten.