DC No Video

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

redjeff76
Anarki

DC No Video

Post#1 » Sat Aug 26, 2023 2:44 pm

Ok, all my tech nerds. I just got a used Dreamcast. It has power. It has sound, like I can hear the start up music. But there is no video. Any idea's? I am hoping for an easy solution cause I am not tech savy. But I bought this in hopes of putting a GDEMU in it. I don't suppose there is any chance of by putting a GDEMU in it the video comes back, huh? Help me out y'all. :cry:

Spleet
minority

Re: DC No Video

Post#2 » Sat Aug 26, 2023 5:47 pm

Insure that the a/v out connections are clean. If you have audio but no video it could be the cable/connection. Clean all the pins inside and out with contact cleaner or isopropyl on a swab. Or, for starters, apply light pressure to the ends of the cables or rotate the video in on the tv end to see if the image appears.

redjeff76
Anarki

Re: DC No Video

Post#3 » Sat Aug 26, 2023 9:17 pm

HAHA! Thanks! I broke out some rubbing alcohol and also some apple cider vinegar (in case of corrosion) and grabbed a q-tip and cleaned the DC's port real good with both liquids. I dried the port up and tried connecting the DC back to my TV and ta-da. I had video again! So I got a DC that reads discs and has sound and video for only $30. Now I am ready to go for the GDEMU setup (once it gets here in the mail). YAY!!!!