Questions about the windows xp dial-up user interface as a connection method for dreamcast

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

GRIANT
rebel

Questions about the windows xp dial-up user interface as a connection method for dreamcast

Post#1 » Sun Oct 08, 2023 12:39 am

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=15646&hilit=Kddi
Hello, recently I read the article, what interests me most is that it was possible to connect to the servers through a Windows XP dial-up user interface, I plan to have a dreamcast if luck is with me in 3 to 5 years, I have a machine with Windows XP How do I make a dial-up user interface? I think that if you have a real dial-up internet or in this case a dial-up user interface, you don't need the Dreampi, right? I think so, since flycast emulates dial-up and runs daytona online without problems and how do I configure the ports of a Windows XP user interface so that it can play games that require ports? If someone answers those questions, I would greatly appreciate it.

megavolt85
Developer

Re: Questions about the windows xp dial-up user interface as a connection method for dreamcast

Post#2 » Sun Oct 08, 2023 6:03 am

windows is not the best system for building a server, use linux
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=12731

GRIANT
rebel

Re: Questions about the windows xp dial-up user interface as a connection method for dreamcast

Post#3 » Sun Oct 08, 2023 1:58 pm

megavolt85 wrote:windows is not the best system for building a server, use linux
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=12731

Yes, today i was thinking that, your PC-DC is better connection method with dreampi

hawkzer0
dirty sailor

Post#4 » Mon Oct 09, 2023 8:50 am

Here is an oldie but a goodie: https://www.maturion.de/dreamcast/mterlouw/

But using Megavolt's software would be your best choice.
WELCO
METOT
HENEX
TLEVEL