Q3A CUSTOM MAP DREAMCAST ISO IS HERE !

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Mechanic
Vagabond

Q3A CUSTOM MAP DREAMCAST ISO IS HERE !

Post#1 » Thu Jan 18, 2024 6:43 pm

A new frontier of Quake awaits...

Introducing QUAKE 3: CUSTOM MAP PACK

WHAT THE HECK IS THIS?:

Quake 3 Custom Map Pack is a modified version of the original Quake 3 Arena for Dreamcast, adding a brand-new set of maps to frag on, made possible by the efforts of various members of the community. All of these maps were orignally created for the PC version, then ported to the DC version using a special set of tools created by developer Moi.

READY TO GET STARTED? DOWNLOAD IT HERE:

GDI Version (Suitable for GDEMU and Flycast Emulator)
LINK https://1drv.ms/u/s!AlIduha4gkQZgUgkwuH ... Q?e=2W1AlI

CDI Version (Suitable for burned discs)
LINK https://1drv.ms/u/s!AlIduha4gkQZgUkKsrQ ... f?e=RuxkRc

QUESTIONS & ANSWERS:

CAN I PLAY THIS WITH THE BROADBAND ADAPTER?
Of course. This is a mod for Q3A, so all of the features of the original game are still in place.

CAN I PLAY THIS ON A PC OR MY PHONE?
You can play the GDI or CDI images using the Flycast emulator. It will not be 100% accurate to how it runs on a real DC, but you'll still be able to enjoy it. If you decide to play this way, please don't use any extra emulator functions like fast-forward, as that would be considered cheating.

CAN I STILL CONNECT TO REGULAR SERVERS?
No. All of the original maps have been replaced and renamed, so you will still need the original version of the game to play on regular servers.

I DON'T SEE ALL OF THE SERVERS ON THE LIST.
All the maps in the game have been renamed, so you will only see servers that are running the new maps. This was done to prevent people using the regular version of the game from trying to connect to servers running the new maps.

HOW CAN I HOST A SERVER WITH THESE MAPS?
We will eventually provide a package containing the PC game and the map files for the purpose of server hosting.

CAN I PLAY THESE MAPS WITH THE PC VERSION OF THE GAME?
You would need to track down the original versions of the maps, and rename the map files a certain way. We will eventually provide a package containing the PC version and the map files, but it will mainly be for server hosting, as none of the map textures will be included.

CAN I PLAY THESE MAPS OFFLINE?
Partially, but the menus still show the old map names, so you won't be able to tell what you're selecting. Additionally, most of the maps do not have bot support, so bot matches may not be possible. Also, split-screen with bots may result in crashing, as some of these maps are rather memory-intensive. To see all the maps offline enter a multiplayer map then hit f12 for the console and type ;map pc_map01 and hit enter for map 1 and it goes to map 32

WHO ARE THE PEOPLE BEHIND THIS PROJECT?
You can see the full credits in-game when you first start it up.

HELP! THE SERVER LIST IS NOT WORKING! HOW DO I CONNECT TO A SERVER?
There is a way to connect to servers outside of the menu, but you'll need a Dreamcast Keyboard to do so.

Firstly, go to this page to to see what servers are available: app.php/page/q3master

Then, make note of the IP address of the server you want to join. The servers that support this disc will have the maps named PC_MAP. After that, perform these steps in-game:

1. From the main menu, go to "Multiplayer" and start an offline match with no bots. Map selection doesn't matter.
2. Press F12 on your keyboard to pull down the command console.
3. Type the command ";raster 1" (Without the quotes) and hit the Enter key. This will allow you to pull down the console anywhere in the game.
4. Quit to the main menu, and connect to the online mode.
5. Once you've reached the server list, press F12 again and use the ;connect command to connect to the server of your choice. An example would be something like ";connect 71.224.227.37:27961"

I also attached this readme in with the downloads.
I'll set the servers up for this Fragnight 8pm US Eastern time and keep them up during the weekend to start. After that who ever wants the server map pack to host can pm me. Seeya on Fragnight !
Last edited by Mechanic on Thu Jan 18, 2024 7:10 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Italian Stallion

Holsten
fragger

Re: Q3A custom map Dreamcast iso is here !

Post#2 » Thu Jan 18, 2024 6:46 pm

wohooo
Holsten knallt am dollsten.

peanut_unlimited
lithium

Re: Q3A CUSTOM MAP DREAMCAST ISO IS HERE !

Post#3 » Thu Jan 18, 2024 7:00 pm

Nice bloody work! I'll be back to give this a test run for sure! I'm also keen to help run some Australian servers down the track once the server info is made available.

Mechanic
Vagabond

Post#4 » Thu Jan 18, 2024 7:05 pm

Yo got it , Ill let the server stuff out once im happy with fragnight and thanks
Italian Stallion

GRIANT
rebel

Post#5 » Thu Jan 18, 2024 7:19 pm

BOOM, finally this project is reality and the final version is done Q3DC Is spectacular, and this custom maps is more spectacular than the original Q3DC lets frag with new maps :D

Mechanic
Vagabond

Post#6 » Thu Jan 18, 2024 7:22 pm

Got FFA ctf AND INSTAGIB READY TO GO
Italian Stallion

Sonic1994DC
Carnage

Post#7 » Thu Jan 18, 2024 8:16 pm

I will have to try this out, map08 should have my image for the loading screen and my name. I'll definitely have to check that out

Mechanic
Vagabond

Post#8 » Thu Jan 18, 2024 8:26 pm

Yup its a great map also
Italian Stallion

Xiden
Developer

Post#9 » Thu Jan 18, 2024 9:40 pm

Amazing work!! Can't wait to try this out!

moi
blackout!

Post#10 » Fri Jan 19, 2024 2:46 am

@Mechanic Thanks for all your hard work and persistence!