Using Dreamcast Pasport variations

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Moosyin
rebel

Using Dreamcast Pasport variations

Post#1 » Sun Mar 03, 2024 2:50 pm

Hello, I recently got a BBA and use the Broadband passport to browse the internet on the Dreamcast.

I have a few other Dreamcast Pasport discs (Toyota, Hello Kitty) is there any way to use these also?
So far I can only get online with the Broadband pasport disc.

deluxux
Black Mesa

Re: Using Dreamcast Pasport variations

Post#2 » Sun Mar 03, 2024 9:03 pm

Try in the Dreamcast settings to set the DNS to 46.101.91.123 You have a Toyota Disc? Id love to see that!

OatBob
MegaDeath

Post#3 » Mon Mar 04, 2024 1:14 am

The browser part functions as well as it always has. I flashed my dialup settings using PlanetWeb browser, and dialup connection still works using Dream Passport 1/2/3 with the Dreampi setup. I think the DP browsers really shine with their 3D animations during connection.

Dream Passport is more than jus the browser, it's a suite with Ch@b chat service, email client, and Dreamcall (ISAO service, think of myspace. I don't think these services are friendly to setup nowadays; but if there's demand, some madlad will deliver. I should mention that Dream Passport has a PC version of the client, too.

Now. These browsers would be much more appealing if there was more lightweight web content to browse. I'm making strides on a personal project that is yet to be revealed. Stay tuned.
shinjitsunayu.me/ - web content for DC.

mickschen
core

Post#4 » Mon Mar 04, 2024 8:31 am

Yeah, i have the latest Dream Passwort PREMIER, i had ch@btalk too. I remembered when i look at my dreameye. I mean, you need a isao net for all of theses funktions like ch@btalk and dreameye.

And yeah, on this Dreamcasr Disc exist the PC version of this Browser too.

OatBob
MegaDeath

Post#5 » Sun Mar 10, 2024 6:57 am

DP3 also includes DreamFlyer Lite. You can add stickers to your emails.

Dream Passport Premier - GD includes Windows and mac versions of software, too. The extra features are Ch@b and Dreamcall. A fun gem that I discovered on my web project is this: a net idol show (partially sponsored by isao.net) uses Dreamcall to talk to viewers. Girls Net Club

It's not ready for a formal announcement, but I'm restoring Japanese web pages now. These old pages are lightweight with mostly small images. They are great for DC browsing. Check it out. shinjitsunayu.me
shinjitsunayu.me/ - web content for DC.

Moosyin
rebel

Post#6 » Fri Mar 15, 2024 5:28 am

Yeah I tried again but I think it only works with the dial up modem. I got it fairly cheap so it was nice to add to my collection. And I can still browse the internet with the Broadband passport disc.
Attachments
IMG_3539.JPG

ufdm
shadow

Post#7 » Fri Apr 12, 2024 6:45 am

Most versions of Dream Passport only support the modem. I think the only standalone versions that support the BBA are Broadband Passport and Dream Passport Premier.
Besides those, some 2001 Japanese releases included an updated version of Dream Passport 3 with both modem and BBA support. SA2, PSOV2, Outtrigger, SegaKara are the ones I know of.
PSOV1 predates this newer DP3 and will launch either modem-only DP3 or Broadband Passport depending on which adapter you're using.