Unreal Tournament - Status

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Xiden
Developer

Re: Unreal Tournament - Status

Post#171 » Wed Feb 14, 2024 1:33 pm

LEODCBR wrote:
pcwzrd13 wrote:@LEODCBR Maps and textures should make no difference as unlike the PC version of the game, the Dreamcast doesn't download these from the server. As long as the map name is correct on the server so that the Dreamcast can find the corresponding map on the DC disc, it will show up correctly on the Dreamcast side. Just add "-DC" to the end of any of the map names on PC for it to show up correctly on Dreamcast. As for textures, if one isn't found on the disc, it will just load default textures instead.

Reply:
You can try to run any map changing the name, but it's just a trick for fun with the servers.
Ya obviously Dreamcast don't will download anything, but he have lots of checks to connect.
The maps have lots of functions inside the game, like update pos.
Did you try run .unr alone after turn off hashmaphash inside.bin?
Same for textures Dreamcast need to find all textures to get GUID acceptance from the PC side like all clients.
Did you read UCC docs about user acceptance?

pcwzrd13 wrote:Regarding DM-BARRICADE-DC.unr AND DOM-HOOD-DC.unr, these files are likely leftovers on the Dreamcast GD from the PC version from the porting process. The Dreamcast version won't load these (the Dreamcast will freeze if you try and load one with the OPEN command).

Reply:
Nah you are wrong, this files can run properly just changing some few things inside GDI, work on DC or PC, just change all map hash's and delete .dat for DC side and apply unrealed packets for new maps and try to run the maps.
Did you?

pcwzrd13 wrote:Regarding the IP Policy, this is a setting in the unrealtournament.ini file that filters IP address of clients. This is set to "All" by default which should allow any clients to connect, regardless of IP. This setting wouldn't reject clients based on any other criteria.

Reply:
Unreal tournament IP policy that you told is just a basic filter for IPS.
It's * for default on both side, then it can accept any IP and work properly on PC and DC side.

But inside binaries some files checksums are classified with IP Policy too, they can accept or Deny if he found any difference in all assets.
Did you hear DC packets on Wireshark?
What's packets did you analysis?

Try to run my server recompiled and tell me if it's change.
If I remember you just got connected for 1 sec right?
Did you teleport for Eos? Did you discovery why this happen?
You can compare packets with your previously version, this can help to progress.
My server update is available on my Wix blog. Dreamcastonline.wix.com/dcbr
I hope you can help us then we can progress together.
Ty dude and peace.

Is Dreamcastonline.wix.com/dcbr the correct address? Showing as invalid domain for me

korni
shadow

Post#172 » Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:09 pm

The correct link is in his signature.

Mechanic
Vagabond

Post#173 » Wed Feb 14, 2024 7:18 pm

Mechanic wrote:Just play the pc version?
I duuno just a thaught :/

HAH i posted that back in 2017 lol
Italian Stallion

Sonic1994DC
Carnage

Post#174 » Sat Mar 09, 2024 10:04 pm

Any updates? :)

Retrosanctum99
dark night

Post#175 » Mon Mar 11, 2024 8:46 am

Just dial up on
UT
And got to the join server Screen ;*)
Attachments
20240311_123020.jpg
20240311_123023.jpg

Sonic1994DC
Carnage

Post#176 » Mon Mar 11, 2024 11:58 am

Retrosanctum99 wrote:Just dial up on
UT
And got to the join server Screen ;*)

Nothing new. Hopefully will see a server/map online soon. Let's hope LEODCBR and Shuouma can work their magic on this

ncman071
Sunday Shootout

Post#177 » Mon Mar 11, 2024 6:10 pm

everytime i see this thread updated...i pee myself just a little