GDMENU Card Manager

Technical help for Dreamcast console, accessories and games only. Ask questions and find answers here. For Online help see the Online Forum

Moderator: pcwzrd13

sonik
Developer

Re: GDMENU Card Manager

Post#251 » Fri Mar 15, 2024 9:31 am

@Raptorboggle I don't get it. Can you describe the problem?
When you add the games using the app, it will copy them to the card in the correct folder and will create the main program folder too (gdemu or openmenu).
EDF! EDF! EDF!

Raptorboggle
shadow

Post#252 » Sat Mar 16, 2024 1:42 am

sonik wrote:@Raptorboggle I don't get it. Can you describe the problem?
When you add the games using the app, it will copy them to the card in the correct folder and will create the main program folder too (gdemu or openmenu).

I managed to fix it on my own. I was using the same SD card I stored all my games on as the card I was setting up with the manager. Transferring the game files over from a separate card did work. The GD-EMU still refuses to recognize my SD card. I used Openmenu, I followed a guide that said to replace a bunch of files to get Openmenu to work, but I later realized that that guide was for an older version that didn't natively support Openmenu. Would that be screwing it up?

sonik
Developer

Post#253 » Sat Mar 16, 2024 9:12 am

Yes, the source of files must not be the destination SD card :)

The latest version of the app comes with openmenu. You will still need to provide the DAT files for it.
EDF! EDF! EDF!

Raptorboggle
shadow

Post#254 » Sat Mar 16, 2024 12:49 pm

I also replaced the font and theme folders when I did it, I installed the program again while leaving those intact, and just adding BOX.DAT, META.DAT, and ICON.DAT. But now it always hangs when saving the changes on game number 5 in my SD card (Aerowings).
Attachments
Screenshot 2024-03-16 at 9.41.38 AM.png

sonik
Developer

Post#255 » Sat Mar 16, 2024 1:02 pm

It's on OSX?
Some users reported this exact same error when using the app on OSX.
Unfortunately I can't provide any help as I don't have any means to test it on a OSX machine.
EDF! EDF! EDF!

Raptorboggle
shadow

Post#256 » Sat Mar 16, 2024 1:18 pm

Yes, I forgot to mention, this is on OSX. Maybe I could ask those other people with this issue and see if they got it working?

Raptorboggle
shadow

Post#257 » Sat Mar 16, 2024 3:39 pm

Is installing games from two different sources onto my SD card screwing it up? The program wouldn't accept several of the games on my first SD card, so I downloaded some onto my mac as replacements, and it always hangs when trying to verify the games coming from my mac.

sonik
Developer

Post#258 » Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:12 pm

I have no clue of what causes the problem.
Using multiple sources should work as long as the destination device is not used as source.
EDF! EDF! EDF!

dcTera
noob

Post#259 » Wed Apr 03, 2024 6:55 am

Raptorboggle wrote:Is installing games from two different sources onto my SD card screwing it up? The program wouldn't accept several of the games on my first SD card, so I downloaded some onto my mac as replacements, and it always hangs when trying to verify the games coming from my mac.

I had this problem too, the issue is caused by the apple double files or "dot underscore" files in the directories being read when creating or reading the 'game folder list' file

example:

game.gdi - actual file
._game.gdi - mac os resource fork file

the only way is to remove these before saving or preloading, there are tools you can use like blue harvest (paid) or tinker tool or alternatively look into dot_clean in terminal. its definitely a new issue as older versions ignore the resource forks

but... as a workaround, either use an older version or take the steps above

sonik
Developer

Post#260 » Wed Apr 03, 2024 8:42 am

LOL
But nice finding!
I will take a look to see how to ignore those files.
EDF! EDF! EDF!