GDMENU Card Manager

Technical help for Dreamcast console, accessories and games only. Ask questions and find answers here. For Online help see the Online Forum

Moderator: pcwzrd13

DrBackhands
noob

Re: GDMENU Card Manager

Post#221 » Tue Feb 06, 2024 4:11 pm

Yeah, adding image_tests = 0 worked. Weird. Thank you so much for the suggestion!

Does it work because it forces the game to boot?

bayram
shadow

Post#222 » Tue Feb 06, 2024 4:32 pm

How guys! I added a bunch of gdi and cdi games using the GD MENU Card Manager without a problem. But now, when I add new cdi or gdi games and click `Save Changes` I get the error; `/Path_to_my_sd_card/29/._disc.cdi`. Please help! Thank you :)

Gromber
undertow

Post#223 » Tue Feb 06, 2024 4:57 pm

DrBackhands wrote:Yeah, adding image_tests = 0 worked. Weird. Thank you so much for the suggestion!

Does it work because it forces the game to boot?

I think it disable some internal checks about gdi images, this is usually used with atomiswave ports or other games, mods that dont have normal gdi standars in size.

for example japanese-cake released some years ago a Head Hunter version that merged both gdroms, and this was needed to make it work.

megavolt85
Developer

Post#224 » Tue Feb 06, 2024 5:08 pm

on old firmware this option was disabled by default, I don’t know why denuan enabled it by default in firmware 5.20.x, apart from problems this option does not add anything, this option along with the check needs to be completely removed from firmware

sonik
Developer

Post#225 » Wed Feb 07, 2024 7:31 am

@DrBackhands
Thanks for the report.
The blacklist was hand made from personal testing and community reports. When doing that huge ammount of games, I do recommend to use an external shrinking tool and not rely on GDMENUCardManager to do this.
If you confirm that the shrinking is indeed not working for those games, please fill a issue on github so I can keep track of it.

@Gromber, I can put options for lower and upper case. Please open an issue for it.

@megavolt85 should I put image_tests=0 on the ini by default?
I'm only setting those:
https://github.com/sonik-br/GDMENUCardM ... er.cs#L556
And I only create the file when one does not exists on the card. Never override.

I've lost my desire to work on this tool. My dreamcast/gdemu is not working anymore. :/
But I can find time to do some small fixes.
EDF! EDF! EDF!

DrBackhands
noob

Post#226 » Wed Feb 07, 2024 8:59 am

I can double check and report any games that are causing issues, but it seems to be working now, specifically after adding image_tests = 0, so I suspect that was the issue. Thanks for the help everyone!

megavolt85
Developer

Post#227 » Wed Feb 07, 2024 4:56 pm

sonik wrote:@megavolt85 should I put image_tests=0 on the ini by default?

yep, for those who have FW 5.15 this will not change anything, but for owners of FW 5.20.x this will fix problems with GDI-shrunk images

Gromber
undertow

Post#228 » Wed Feb 07, 2024 7:55 pm

megavolt85 wrote:
yep, for those who have FW 5.15 this will not change anything, but for owners of FW 5.20.x this will fix problems with GDI-shrunk images

I have a clone FW 5.15 2018 and i also added that line for some problems in the past (like the head hunter custom gdi i talked in previous post), for me this option is mandatory for everyone.

Thanks @sonik for all this years working on this tool. What happened to your dreamcast? i added that feature request in github.

redjeff76
Anarki

Post#229 » Wed Feb 07, 2024 9:31 pm

Sonik, what is the last version of Card Manager released? I hope I have the latest and it sounds like last version. I love that program. So valuable. But I agree the image_tests=0 probably oughta be always included. I haven't heard of anyone not needing to add that. THANK YOU for a great program!

I was just thinking that if I ever get a Saturn Fenrir it better have a program like Card Manager available. Otherwise it may not even be worth the trouble to set up

sonik
Developer

Post#230 » Thu Feb 08, 2024 7:21 am

I'm going to set image_tests then.

@Gromber I don't really know what is going on. It's the only DC that I have and the only GDEMU.
From time to time it refuses to load anything from gdemu, does not even boot. Red led lights up on gdemu board.
Already swapped various SD cards. Removed and reinstalled gdemu. Nothing seems to help anymore. :/
Last time I used it was last year when I played Soul Reaver to the end. Game was crashing, a lot.

@redjeff76 Fenrir can browse folders on the card! No need to use any external manager. You can create folders and sub folders on your PC.
What I did was a simple tool to help add the small images (cover art or screenshot) for games.
EDF! EDF! EDF!