GDMENU Card Manager

Technical help for Dreamcast console, accessories and games only. Ask questions and find answers here. For Online help see the Online Forum

Moderator: pcwzrd13

deluxux
Black Mesa

Re: GDMENU Card Manager

Post#231 » Thu Feb 08, 2024 8:06 am

@sonik did you do alot of swapping SD cards without an extension cable? I broke my old GDEMU while making BleemShell images I would swap the card out several times a day and the pins got worn down.

Gromber
undertow

Post#232 » Thu Feb 08, 2024 10:19 am

@sonik do you have the original psu without a 12v mod? (like a 12v fan or a resistor that use 12v line from psu or similar to avoid psu dont heat more than normal). Works with original Dreamcast Laser?

you tried to remove the psu and clean the contact with isopropyl alcohol? if that improves but still fail, maybe you need a picopsu, dreampsu or similar, i have a original DreamPSU that i get from indiegogo years ago, now you can found similar products on aliexpress.

but that red light it seems that it is a gdemu problem, like @deluxux said :(

sonik
Developer

Post#233 » Thu Feb 08, 2024 12:08 pm

Already cleaned and even swapped the psu.
The current one, a friend of mine did the 12v mod for me. Removed the regulator or something like this, I'm not sure.

Back when I started developing the card manager app, I did a lot of card remove/insert, not using any extension cable. Later then I would only touch the sd card like once a mount.
EDF! EDF! EDF!

bayram
shadow

Post#234 » Sat Feb 10, 2024 4:37 pm

Hi guys! I've tried for a couple of days to resolve my issue with openMenu not displaying box art & descriptions. I'm using the latest openMenu version, and I have the most recent ICON, BOX, and META .dat files in tools\menu_data as per the instructions, but they still don't show up. I get "Image not found" instead of the box art and no game description, but the games themselves play perfectly. The strange thing is that the box arts display just fine in the GD Menu Card Manager, and they also show up if I choose gdMenu instead of openMenu. Any help would be highly appreciated!

sonik
Developer

Post#235 » Sun Feb 11, 2024 9:33 am

bayram wrote:Hi guys! I've tried for a couple of days to resolve my issue with openMenu not displaying box art & descriptions. I'm using the latest openMenu version, and I have the most recent ICON, BOX, and META .dat files in tools\menu_data as per the instructions, but they still don't show up. I get "Image not found" instead of the box art and no game description, but the games themselves play perfectly. The strange thing is that the box arts display just fine in the GD Menu Card Manager, and they also show up if I choose gdMenu instead of openMenu. Any help would be highly appreciated!

Verify if the Serial column on the app shows the correct serial for each game.
EDF! EDF! EDF!

bayram
shadow

Post#236 » Sun Feb 11, 2024 3:19 pm

Thanks! I gave up trying on my mac and did everything on a Windows pc instead. Then it just worked. Some games are still missing artwork even though they are displayed in the card manager app.

bayram
shadow

Post#237 » Sun Feb 11, 2024 3:30 pm

sonik wrote:
bayram wrote:Hi guys! I've tried for a couple of days to resolve my issue with openMenu not displaying box art & descriptions. I'm using the latest openMenu version, and I have the most recent ICON, BOX, and META .dat files in tools\menu_data as per the instructions, but they still don't show up. I get "Image not found" instead of the box art and no game description, but the games themselves play perfectly. The strange thing is that the box arts display just fine in the GD Menu Card Manager, and they also show up if I choose gdMenu instead of openMenu. Any help would be highly appreciated!

Verify if the Serial column on the app shows the correct serial for each game.

How do I know which serial is correct?

bayram
shadow

Post#238 » Sun Feb 11, 2024 4:10 pm

I just popped the sd card back in to the pc and edited the title of one game, and now one of the games that had missing artwork on the dreamcast, suddenly has artwork. This was not the game which title I edited. Is this known behaviour?

sonik
Developer

Post#239 » Sun Feb 11, 2024 9:17 pm

bayram wrote:I just popped the sd card back in to the pc and edited the title of one game, and now one of the games that had missing artwork on the dreamcast, suddenly has artwork. This was not the game which title I edited. Is this known behaviour?

I've never seen this before.

For the serial you can use the info window, the one that shows the IP.BIN info.
It's the "i" icon at the left of each game on the list. I believe the serial will show as "Product" on that window.
EDF! EDF! EDF!

bayram
shadow

Post#240 » Mon Feb 12, 2024 4:26 pm

sonik wrote:
bayram wrote:I just popped the sd card back in to the pc and edited the title of one game, and now one of the games that had missing artwork on the dreamcast, suddenly has artwork. This was not the game which title I edited. Is this known behaviour?

I've never seen this before.

For the serial you can use the info window, the one that shows the IP.BIN info.
It's the "i" icon at the left of each game on the list. I believe the serial will show as "Product" on that window.

Thank you! What I meant is, how do I know if the serial number is correct or not? Is there a reference list to compare with?