Where do I report a sketchy PSO player? Also lost my data?

Technical help for Dreamcast console, accessories and games only. Ask questions and find answers here. For Online help see the Online Forum

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Smokey
lithium

Where do I report a sketchy PSO player? Also lost my data?

Post#1 » Mon Dec 19, 2022 4:59 am

So I was playing PSO a little bit ago and a player joined my game. I had a level 16 hunter, was nearly 17, he stood around for a couple minutes then left, thought nothing of it, then he came back a little while later and started talking. He said something real dumb like "Playing on an Xbox Series X!", i went through a telepipe and my game basically crashed on me, so i shut my console off, when I turned it back on and rebooted the game, my character was gone.

I don't have my original serial # so was using one online, what can be done to help me, if anything at all? or am I gonna have to re-create my character and grind all over again? :(

mrneo240
Rank 9

Re: Where do I report a sketchy PSO player? Also lost my data?

Post#2 » Mon Dec 19, 2022 6:40 am

You want to report someone when you don't even have a legit serial?

Smokey
lithium

Post#3 » Mon Dec 19, 2022 7:15 am

I have a copy of the game, just misplaced the back case w/ the serial #. Me using a shared serial shouldn't really matter when someone was behaving pretty sketchy and shortly after my character gets deleted. (NOL)

SEGA RPG FAN
Developer

Post#4 » Mon Dec 19, 2022 8:05 am

Unless you backed your save up somewhere, you're out of luck. Using a legit serial will let you save to the server in the future.
PSO Dreamcast 100% Legit: Eda FOmarl, Automaton HUcast

Holsten
fragger

Post#5 » Mon Dec 19, 2022 9:24 am

Smokey wrote:So I was playing PSO a little bit ago and a player joined my game. I had a level 16 hunter, was nearly 17, he stood around for a couple minutes then left, thought nothing of it, then he came back a little while later and started talking. He said something real dumb like "Playing on an Xbox Series X!", i went through a telepipe and my game basically crashed on me, so i shut my console off, when I turned it back on and rebooted the game, my character was gone.

I don't have my original serial # so was using one online, what can be done to help me, if anything at all? or am I gonna have to re-create my character and grind all over again? :(

i am pretty sure you can run the flycast emulator on the xbox series x. a lot of people even use that to play ps2 emulators on it. i can even run the emulator on my phone and play online with it.
Holsten knallt am dollsten.

BlueCrab
Developer

Post#6 » Wed Dec 21, 2022 11:45 am

Reports for suspected rule violations should go to a GM that is either in charge of the ship you were playing on (if on Palmacosta or Vega) or to Aleron Ives or myself (if on Iselia or Altimira).

We'd definitely need way more information than what you've provided here to make any determinations... But it doesn't actually seem like there's anything actionable here. Unfortunately, PSO is a pretty buggy game, which is why we recommend people keep backups of their save files around. There are homebrew tools to make this possible on the actual console itself (and if you're playing on an emulator, you should be able to do so too).