Phantasy Star Ver. 2 - Uploaded DLC Won't Download.

Technical help for Dreamcast console, accessories and games only. Ask questions and find answers here. For Online help see the Online Forum

Moderator: pcwzrd13

stsherma
noob

Phantasy Star Ver. 2 - Uploaded DLC Won't Download.

Post#1 » Sun Jul 09, 2023 4:03 pm

Hey guys,

I just want to introduce myself as someone new to the forums. I'm stsherma, and it's a pleasure to meet you all.

I'm having a problem though that enticed me to join the forum rightly quick. See, I'm playing Phantasy Star Online Ver. 2 on Flycast. I downloaded dlc for the game. I used VMU writer to figure out the names of the VMS ought to be something like: PSO______026, PSO______027 and ect. Then I used VMU Explorer to upload it to my VMU card in the emulator.

I did that for slot B, made sure my save for the game was also on slot b. Then I went to the Hunter's Guild and tried to download the dlc to my current game. It said "checking memory...," "no data." I did check and the DLC *is* on the card successfully.

Can someone help me with this? Please and ty.

My next step would be to take it to my actual copy on my Dreamcast, but I'm hoping to try it on this first.

Nico0020
Sunday Shootout

Re: Phantasy Star Ver. 2 - Uploaded DLC Won't Download.

Post#2 » Mon Jul 10, 2023 2:07 am

PSO quests from V2 have to be downloaded from the server and can't be shared as they are tied to the person who downloaded them IIRC.
The handful of V1 quests I believe can be shared. If you want to be able to play the V2 downloaded quests, you nee to connect to the server and download them from there yourself.

stsherma
noob

Re: Phantasy Star Ver. 2 - Uploaded DLC Won't Download.

Post#3 » Mon Jul 10, 2023 8:39 am

Ahh, I see. Thanks for the reply man.

Well, I'll just have to try that way. It's still a really good game though, right? :)