Dreamcast Toyota Car Demo Disks

Technical help for Dreamcast console, accessories and games only. Ask questions and find answers here. For Online help see the Online Forum

Moderator: pcwzrd13

fafadou
Gold Lion

Re: Dreamcast Toyota Car Demo Disks

Post#11 » Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:45 am

Already sold...

fraggle200
Graffiti Grind

Post#12 » Tue Aug 15, 2023 4:25 am

even though an image of the land cruiser disc has been about for some time, I can't rem ever seeing a GDI of it. Would be really nice to eventually get some GDI's of these discs.

Esppiral
BFG-10K

Post#13 » Tue Aug 15, 2023 5:02 am

Looks like that set is missing some of the disks like

Fun Cargo.

Rav4l L

And Estima Red.

I've been looking for these disks since 2010 an no one seems to ever have dumped them except for the Toyota Doricatch Series - Land Cruiser 100/Cygnus.

The complete list should be this one.

? Toyota Digital Catalog - Celsior
    ? Toyota Doricatch Series - Celica
    ? Toyota Doricatch Series - Estima
    ? Toyota Doricatch Series - Estima red
    ? Toyota Doricatch Series - FunCargo
    ? Toyota Doricatch Series - Gaia
    ? Toyota Doricatch Series - Land Cruiser 100/Cygnus
    ? Toyota Doricatch Series - Land Cruiser Prado
    ? Toyota Doricatch Series - RAV4 L

All I found over the years are screenshots (that I saved) and some videos that sadly I didn't and they are gone from the internet.

I don't know if every single disk is interactive, at least for the Gaia disk there is proof that it is also interactive, I even saw a video were you could navigate the car interior.

Let's hope whoever bought this disks is kind enough to share.

Esppiral
BFG-10K

Post#14 » Tue Aug 15, 2023 7:09 pm

Wow wow After this topic I just randomly found the Fun Cargo disc online lol, afaik this one wasn't dumped ¿?

Anyways it has tons of customizations.

Let's hope the others get released.

fafadou
Gold Lion

Post#15 » Wed Aug 16, 2023 6:08 am

could you share the link please ?

Esppiral
BFG-10K

Post#16 » Wed Aug 16, 2023 6:27 am

mistamontiel
Shark Patrol

Post#17 » Wed Aug 16, 2023 11:43 am

Dayum n with that finally checked out the old SGMX CDI of Landcruisers, they load long!

The FunCargo has such a satisfying beat groove song in the 3D viewer, love that turntable sting!

bingobongo
minority

Post#18 » Thu Aug 17, 2023 6:49 pm

I remember looking for these a few years ago - and one did pop up on Yahoo auctions when I looked. The problem is that you need to really be searching for them to find them in the first place. I don't remember it being that expensive either.

They are crazy rare, but my feeling is that with enough patience and the right keywords in a search - then these do pop up from time to time on Japanese auction sites - and probably more often than people think.

But clearly, whoever is buying them certainly isn't dumping them.

So it's a total of 2 released so far online? I always thought it was just 1 of them.

I'm still surprised that people are prepared to pay so much when they're just interactive car demonstrations - and nothing more. Sure, fun for a minute or two, but that's about it. I guess some people have money to burn?

Ryo_Hazuki
killer

Post#19 » Thu Aug 17, 2023 9:43 pm

Celsior has also been released online, but it does not contain any 3d models, only videos.

fraggle200
Graffiti Grind

Post#20 » Fri Aug 18, 2023 4:05 am

bingobongo wrote:I'm still surprised that people are prepared to pay so much when they're just interactive car demonstrations - and nothing more. Sure, fun for a minute or two, but that's about it. I guess some people have money to burn?

If you want a full JPN set then these are gonna play a big part of doing it I suppose.