Locating the loop point(s) of an ADX file

Technical help for Dreamcast console, accessories and games only. Ask questions and find answers here. For Online help see the Online Forum

Moderator: pcwzrd13

TheXboxArcade
shadow

Locating the loop point(s) of an ADX file

Post#1 » Tue Aug 22, 2023 10:34 am

So I've been trying to make a automatic script for myself that downsamples ADX files (w/out using ADXLoopCalculator) but I've been unable to find information on how to locate the loop points in the file. There is a program called ADXLoopCalculator that does this so I'm hoping someone might know how to.

Does anyone know how I can find these loop points, ideally in a hex editor? Thanks in advance.
Last edited by TheXboxArcade on Tue Aug 22, 2023 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MoeFoh
Uber

Re: Locating the loop point(s) of an ADX file

Post#2 » Tue Aug 22, 2023 3:20 pm

TheXboxArcade wrote:So I've been trying to make a automatic script for myself that downsamples ADX files but I've been unable to find information on how to locate the loop points in the file. There is a program called ADXLoopCalculator that does this so I'm hoping someone might know how to.

Does anyone know how I can find these loop points, ideally in a hex editor? Thanks in advance.
Attachments
ADX.zip
(1.07 MiB) Downloaded 67 times
ADXLoopCalculator.txt
(3.02 KiB) Downloaded 63 times
“The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence.”
- Charles Bukowski