VMU data unique to console ? (Daisenryaku conversion)

Technical help for Dreamcast console, accessories and games only. Ask questions and find answers here. For Online help see the Online Forum

Moderator: pcwzrd13

X68K
noob

VMU data unique to console ? (Daisenryaku conversion)

Post#1 » Sat Oct 07, 2023 9:05 am

Hi,
I've recently run into an issue under emulation, although I do own a DC, I can't test it out there:
I finished the translated Advanced Daisenryaku 2001 game under emulation some years ago. Recently I learned that it's possible to convert data from the precursor Advanced Daisenryaku - Sturm über Europa (Europe no Arashi - Doitsu Dengeki Sakusen). So I played a couple of scenarios and saved on the same VMU file as ADV 2001. However, the conversion option doesn't work. I thought maybe it doesn't work with the translation. However, trying it with original ADV 2001 doesn't work either.
From the message appearing and what I got from the manual through machine translation, it says something "about the same Dreamcast device".
It could be emulation bugs, but I tried it under Flycast and Demul with no difference.
So, is it possible that the saves are unique to a console? I would have tested this on my DC, problem is, I can't find a CDI of ADV 2000 Europe no Arashi, no way of playing GD-ROM images.