Just completed a restoration/mod and GDEMU won’t load games.

Technical help for Dreamcast console, accessories and games only. Ask questions and find answers here. For Online help see the Online Forum

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Raymonte
shadow

Just completed a restoration/mod and GDEMU won’t load games.

Post#1 » Sun Dec 10, 2023 9:06 am

A little about my build, in case any of it could be related to my problem. I got a Japanese VA1 with no GD-ROM from eBay, put it in a clear reproduction case with DreamPSU, Noctua fan, battery mod and GDEMU 5.20.5. Formatted a 512 GB Micro Center Micro SD card and loaded a large GDI collection of NTSC-U, NTSC-J and PAL games using GDMENU card manager. It was set to shrink the GDI’s and skip the blacklisted titles and included OpenMenu. Connected to TV with Kaico HDMI converter and, after setting the time it booted into OpenMenu.

When I select a title, and press “A”, I get the Dreamcast splash screen and then it goes to the Dreamcast main menu. The first title was Half Life so I thought it may have been compiled incorrectly, but I tried about 6 games from all 3 regions and they’re all doing the same thing.

Any suggestions?

Raymonte
shadow

Re: Just completed a restoration/mod and GDEMU won’t load games.

Post#2 » Sun Dec 10, 2023 5:51 pm

SOLVED:
Sorry, I’m new to the forum and I don’t know how to edit my post.

Another user posted a similar issue specifically with Atomiswave games and user megavolt85 suggested he edit the .ini file to include “image_test = 0”. That worked for him and it worked for me. Not sure what that does but I hope it helps someone else having the same problem.

Raymonte
shadow

Re: Just completed a restoration/mod and GDEMU won’t load games.

Post#3 » Sun Dec 10, 2023 5:51 pm

SOLVED:
Sorry, I’m new to the forum and I don’t know how to edit my post.

Another user posted a similar issue specifically with Atomiswave games and user megavolt85 suggested he edit the .ini file to include “image_test = 0”. That worked for him and it worked for me. Not sure what that does but I hope it helps someone else having the same problem.