Worms world party disc problems

Technical help for Dreamcast console, accessories and games only. Ask questions and find answers here. For Online help see the Online Forum

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Gamer
noob

Worms world party disc problems

Post#1 » Mon Jan 29, 2024 5:14 am

Hi
When i use my Worms world party disc i get the image appear on the VMU but no audio and video from the game, the diac is spining and the dreamcast stays powered on while this happen with a lit up TV screen but no audio and video, this is the only disc this happens with and i have no other problems with the other games in my collection, also i am using a HDMI adaptor which uses VGA mode, i dont know if this is the cause and i need to use composite for this game?

This is the only game this happens with and the disc is very clean.

My hdmi adaptor is: Kaico Sega Dreamcast HDMI Converter - Simple Plug and Play HDMI Converter For Sega Dreamcast Sega Dreamcast VGA cable to Dreamcast HDMI - The Best Sega Dreamcast AV Cable

My dreamcast is a PAL dreamcaat with the number 1 for its number.

Any help would be appreciated!

Kindest regards

OlivusPrime
dirty sailor

Re: Worms world party disc problems

Post#2 » Mon Jan 29, 2024 3:04 pm

Worms World Party should function fine through VGA, so that shouldn't be the issue. This sounds like a weird question, but do you have many controllers/peripherals connected? My friends and I went to play it 4 player once (with 4 controllers plugged in on boot) and for some reason the framerate dropped to an absolute crawl - we had to remove the controllers and reset the console to get the game back up to full speed. Perhaps it has a few bugs in this regard.

Gamer
noob

Re: Worms world party disc problems

Post#3 » Mon Jan 29, 2024 3:17 pm

I had my offical sega dreamcast controller with a third party 4x memory card (i think the make is joytech but im not sure) and my offical sega vmu in the front of the controller (it is a ntsc coloured one)

Kindest regards