My Retro Fighters StrikerDC Controller don't read 3rd party Memory Cards (VMUs) at all!

Technical help for Dreamcast console, accessories and games only. Ask questions and find answers here. For Online help see the Online Forum

Moderator: pcwzrd13

CutieJoey
rebel

My Retro Fighters StrikerDC Controller don't read 3rd party Memory Cards (VMUs) at all!

Post#1 » Mon Mar 04, 2024 12:56 pm

I have a Sega Dreamcast, I bought the Retro Fighters StrikerDC Wireless Controller. I tested the OEM Dreamcast VMUs and it worked properly, But the 3rd party Dreamcast Memory Cards does not work at all. I’ve heard that the 3rd party memory cards are very unreliable. Now the questions are, anyone having the same problem too? And also will the Sega Dreamcast OEM 4x Memory Cards work with the StrikerDC too? If so, I have to replace the 3rd party ones and buy the OEM 4x Memory Cards or VMUs. I might buy the 4x Memory Cards and use them for my NFL and NBA 2K Saves when I have my money, because they take a large amount of blocks.

I really know Sega Dreamcast official VMUs works. But the question is, will the Sega Dreamcast official 4x memory cards work with the Retro Fighters StrikerDC wired or wireless controllers? If you owned the Retro Fighters StrikerDC controllers either wired or wireless, please let me know on this forum.

pdxer56
noob

Re: My Retro Fighters StrikerDC Controller don't read 3rd party Memory Cards (VMUs) at all!

Post#2 » Wed Apr 10, 2024 6:15 pm

I bought a 4x OEM memory card and have the striker dc wireless controller. The light turns on but wouldn't read the memory cards (I have a modded GDEMU dreamcast). I didn't have a regular wired dreamcast controller, so I brought it to a retro store today to test if it would read the memory card through a different controller. Sure enough, it did. So, it's either that the memory card doesn't work on the striker dc wireless controller or maybe it's something with my dreamcast.

Bummer too. I paid $45 for the memory card and gotta get a VMU :cry:

galaxygod
core

Re: My Retro Fighters StrikerDC Controller don't read 3rd party Memory Cards (VMUs) at all!

Post#3 » Wed Apr 10, 2024 9:13 pm

There’s an update on their website for the dongle to support the sega 4x vmu but not any other 3rd party ones yet, they don’t seem to be working on anything other than vm2 support but still no updates

Nico0020
Sunday Shootout

Post#4 » Fri Apr 12, 2024 3:24 am

Update the firmware on the dongle. That will get your Official 4X memory cards working. Hopefully they get VM2 support soon.

pdxer56
noob

Post#5 » Sat Apr 13, 2024 12:53 am

My computer reads the dongle as "ISP tool" but I can't get past the first step on updating firmware. Is there a video out there that goes over how to update firmware step by step?

Nico0020
Sunday Shootout

Post#6 » Sat Apr 13, 2024 12:00 pm

The directions for updating it are weirdly complicated. Make sure you follow the instructions. Specifically you need to hold the button I'm it when you plug it into your PC.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

pdxer56
noob

Post#7 » Mon Apr 15, 2024 5:52 pm

I did that, where the light stops flashing and the computer will read it. However, for the second step to open upgrade tool software .exe program, I don't know how I'm supposed to open that. Is there supposed to be a prompt to show up when I successfully connect the dongle to the computer?

Edit: Disregard, finally got it figured out and updated firmware. Thanks everyone for your support