So I Decided To Forget About Emulation

Technical help for Dreamcast console, accessories and games only. Ask questions and find answers here. For Online help see the Online Forum

Moderator: pcwzrd13

martyd82
noob

So I Decided To Forget About Emulation

Post#1 » Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:25 pm

And just set up my newly bought Dreamcast with an old HDTV we have lying around (I bought the Kaico HD Adaptor for upscaling the system’s graphics). The console probably won’t be delivered until the weekend. So, in the meantime, I have a couple questions:

1. I know the system’s disk drive has a reputation for failing at some point. How often does this typically happen? Is there a way to replace it? (I don’t really want to go the GDEmu route, given the legal questionability of it, and the fact that it’s long out of production now).

2. DreamPi seems to be the most commonly used peripheral for maintaining online play. However, my router is in a different room, so running a super long ethernet cable from my console to it would be a massive inconvenience. Are there wireless options that would connect to my Wifi?

3. I bought it with Daytona 2001 and Ready 2 Rumble Boxing. What are some of your other favorites?