Controller issues, multiple

Technical help for Dreamcast console, accessories and games only. Ask questions and find answers here. For Online help see the Online Forum

Moderator: pcwzrd13

RobisMarshall
fire

Controller issues, multiple

Post#1 » Mon Mar 25, 2024 11:29 pm

I just bought a madcatz dreampad, I know people say they are crap but I love the look and feel. It was listed as new old stock but was unboxed. anyways it does not connect to dreamcast. it does nothing when the system is powered on. Well after trying over and over it eventually was recognised but then the a button was on the d pad and the buttons were all screwed up. I really want a working madcatz because, as I said, I love the look and feel and to me aesthetics are important. I guess I am just asking if this can be fixed, is it a known issue for madcatz, will another madcatz do this if I order elsewhere?

Other issue is with about 3 of my OEM dreamcasts the analog sticks work but seem very stiff. Like they go left and right but not as smooth as I would like. I use these for students in my class so they get more wear and tear then my at home ones but I was wondering if there is a fix for this. I took one apart and wiped it with alcohol pads but the issue is still there.

Thanks for any and all help