New SEGAGAGA translation project in the works!

Place for discussing homebrew games, development, new releases and emulation.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

Nexus222
shadow

Re: New SEGAGAGA translation project in the works!

Post#111 » Wed Mar 27, 2024 5:35 pm

SpaceHoliday wrote:I appreciate people are excited to see this game translated, and that we’ve been burnt by abandoned translation attempts in the past, but somebody has posted on this thread not even a full year ago confirming that they have been working on a translation. Myself, ateam and some others worked on Nakoruru and that took more than a year - and that was a team endeavour, not solo. Please be patient.

Imo there is a difference with patience... and being full of bull pooppppy lol. Yes, like 10 months ago someone posted..... on am acnt that had 2 posts EVER...both within a couple months of eachother... but about a yr ago. I have time. I have patience. I have a decent understanding of what om doing [of course any tips, tools, lessons learned that anyone wants to offer. That will be great. One thing I will do, is post VERY regular updates.. even of something happens... and there's a time of nothing being dine... you do NOT let the community your "helping" just sit and wonder for almost a year if your alive, let alone making progress ....and I don't mean opening the folder ....looking at it... saying "that's a file" and then calling that "work" lol....BUT EVEN IF I DID....I'd still be posting updates. This is not some new, small project. I have been patient for like 8 years. . Others much much longer. And I'm used to being let down in life... so ima do my best to get this done as fast and as well as I can... for the community to enjoy. Thanks for your input, and anything helps... all help will be credited at the end of the project aswell.

megavolt85
Developer

Post#112 » Wed Mar 27, 2024 8:07 pm

Nexus222 wrote:2. I have tested the fix for the spacing issue, the one part that should have been the ONLY reason for stalling this project back in the day, but ha been sense solved.

If you read this entire thread, you will understand that not all problems have been solved.
1) There is an algorithm for unpacking MRG containers, but there is no packaging algorithm.
2) There is a limit on the number of characters per line, which needs to be doubled

Nexus222 wrote:3. I found what i believe to be the games text, ( or some of it) but i only peaked at it breifly yesterday. So the only way to help this along faster right now, Is to find any info on the specific replacement of the text.

as I said you didn't read this thread completely, the tools are in this thread

P.S. You have a lot of ambitions, it’s impossible to make a high-quality translation in a month. :lol:

madsheep
rebel

Post#113 » Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:21 am

madsheep wrote:Its not that simple this is one thing

1) We need main bin file to be fully translated (megavolt85 fixed the font problem also translated some important text)
2) .mes dialog files need to be translated (This is easy from technical perspective)
3) .sfd movie files need to be re-encoded with subs (This is easy from technical perspective)
4) Need to extract, edit and compress all the resources from .mrg (archive) files (images logos and UI elements) (We have a primitive extraction tool only)

1) Patched binary by megavolt85 can display ANSI chars but even that is not enough because of the limited space. So you need a tool to locate the Japanese text and change it with translation and if the translation is not fit to relocate it? Another thing is that i believe that embedded in the binary is some resources like images that needs to be translated, one more problem to be resolved.

2) This is done search for my tool in this thread.

3) This is also easy tools exist so you can convert and burn subtitles to the movies.

4) You need a tool for that. A Chinese group translated the game and edited the resources (images etc) but they never shared the tools so good luck finding them.

ryu_highabusa
shadow

Post#114 » Sat Mar 30, 2024 1:25 pm

Nexus222 wrote:Imo there is a difference with patience... and being full of bull pooppppy lol.

Can I ask how much progress you've made so far?