openMenu Alpha 1

Place for discussing homebrew games, development, new releases and emulation.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

FloDoc
shadow

Re: openMenu Alpha 1

Post#531 » Wed Mar 13, 2024 5:16 pm

megavolt85 wrote:
FloDoc wrote:Is there a way we will be able to open the BIN and edit the contents?

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=17078#p182069

Thank you! This is perfect!!!! Now we can easily add or remove cheats as we need, change values and all that great stuff! You sir, are a LEGEND!!

FloDoc
shadow

Post#532 » Sat Mar 16, 2024 3:02 pm

Not sure if anyone else is having this issue, but whenever I try to start a game with cheats enabled I get stuck at a white screen. Just want to know if anyone else is reporting this issue and if there's a fix. Thank you!

Edit: I think I've figured out the problem. I tested this on a stock dreamcast and it works fine. The dreamcast I was using has Japanese Cake 1.32 installed for BIOS. I imagine this is what is causing the freezing/crashing issues. It's stated on the JC blog that a new cheat disc needs to be written for the 1.32 and he hasn't done it yet and don't imagine he will.

Edit 2: LOL!! Well, this is embarrassing, it was 100% JC 1.32. I reverted back to 1.31 and all is well with the cheats! So noted, JC 1.32 doesn't work with CodeBreaker cheats for OpenMenu, in case anyone was wondering lol.

FloDoc
shadow

Post#533 » Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:18 pm

I'd like to post my FCDCHEATS.BIN that I've made, it has 333 games, so please feel free to add more if people find them. I am struggling right now with the Headhunter codes, they don't appear to be working, I converted them from Action Replay, so that may be why.
fcdcheats.zip
(49.78 KiB) Downloaded 31 times

Arsenic
shadow

Post#534 » Mon Apr 08, 2024 2:47 pm

do i need a vmu or a working clock battery for the style selection to remain after powering off the console? i keep having to change it back to scroll and gdmenu theme every time.

ateam
Animated Violence

Post#535 » Mon Apr 08, 2024 3:00 pm

Arsenic wrote:do i need a vmu or a working clock battery for the style selection to remain after powering off the console? i keep having to change it back to scroll and gdmenu theme every time.

openMenu settings are saved to VMU.
Find me on...

DreamcastForever.com
GitHub
Reddit
SegaXtreme
Twitter
YouTube
• Discord: derek.ateam

SHaMROCK_73
noob

How do I update to latest build?

Post#536 » Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:21 pm

What is the proper way to update from an older open menu build to the latest? Same for the DAT file. I thought it would be just drop the files in the folder but I don't see anything different and definitely didn't get any new covers with the newer DAT file.

fraggle200
Graffiti Grind

Post#537 » Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:59 am

anyone know if there any videos of the Folders working on Openmenu? I'm curious about how it works/looks as I might get rid of my MODE if it does what I hope it does.

space_cat
noob

Post#538 » Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:20 pm

god job

SHaMROCK_73
noob

Post#539 » Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:51 am

megavolt85 wrote:OpenMenu updated to RC1
https://github.com/megavolt85/openmenu/releases/latest

added:
API for VM2 (only after release update VM2 FW)
external cheats file

So where do I put these files in the manager program?

megavolt85
Developer

Post#540 » Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:07 am

unpack directory menu_data from archive to tools\openMenu\ and confirm replace