openMenu Alpha 1

Place for discussing homebrew games, development, new releases and emulation.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

sonik
Developer

Re: openMenu Alpha 1

Post#491 » Mon Sep 18, 2023 9:23 pm

dubcity wrote:
MoeFoh wrote:
dubcity wrote:I tried to add some cdi I made from PS1 games. I got this message.

Screenshot 2023-09-18 124126.png

Use the test 1.3.5 version.

https://github.com/sonik-br/GDMENUCardM ... ag/testing

I must be making the cdi wrong. Everything I make is not adding to card but stuff from bleem threads will.

Use the new version that MoeFoh linked. Older versions not supports ps1 files.
EDF! EDF! EDF!

dubcity
Super Sonic

Post#492 » Tue Sep 19, 2023 12:50 pm

sonik wrote:
dubcity wrote:
MoeFoh wrote:
Use the test 1.3.5 version.

https://github.com/sonik-br/GDMENUCardM ... ag/testing

I must be making the cdi wrong. Everything I make is not adding to card but stuff from bleem threads will.

Use the new version that MoeFoh linked. Older versions not supports ps1 files.

Trying it out today. I think I was using the wrong settings in discjuggler. I'll report back.

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#493 » Wed Sep 20, 2023 11:15 pm

Dreamneo cd on openmenu :) thanks to dubcity and MagnusRC
PXL_20230920_230204166.MP.jpg

MoeFoh
Uber

Post#494 » Thu Sep 21, 2023 2:02 am

Ian Micheal wrote:Dreamneo cd on openmenu :) thanks to dubcity and MagnusRC
PXL_20230920_230204166.MP.jpg

thumbs up (small).jpg
thumbs up (small).jpg (3.64 KiB) Viewed 1704 times
“The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence.”
- Charles Bukowski

letsgome
shadow

Post#495 » Sat Sep 23, 2023 12:34 am

Is it possible to change the disc swap functionality using openMenu to lock the disc swap button to the selected hidden multi-disc game? The use-case for this would be like if you are playing D2 and you have a swap from disc 3 to disc 1. If you have a 1TB or a 512GB SD Card full of games this is not practical because you have to go through the full redump set to get back to disc 1. I think people more often than not use a separate SD Card just for D2, but if it is locked to the selected game then you wouldn't have to. Maybe add an option in the menu because it is better to give people the choice, but I can't imagine a reason why you would use the disc swap button other than if you are selecting discs of the same game.

ChuChu
shadow

Post#496 » Sat Sep 23, 2023 3:55 am

letsgome wrote:I can't imagine a reason why you would use the disc swap button other than if you are selecting discs of the same game.

An example of this would be Pop'n Music 3 and Pop'n Music 4, which are "append discs" that require loading Pop'n Music 2 first and then swapping discs.

megavolt85
Developer

Post#497 » Sat Sep 23, 2023 4:42 am

no, it's not possible, but I can try to make a D2 image with automatic disk change

MoeFoh
Uber

Post#498 » Sat Sep 23, 2023 5:21 am

letsgome wrote:Is it possible to change the disc swap functionality using openMenu to lock the disc swap button to the selected hidden multi-disc game? The use-case for this would be like if you are playing D2 and you have a swap from disc 3 to disc 1. If you have a 1TB or a 512GB SD Card full of games this is not practical because you have to go through the full redump set to get back to disc 1. I think people more often than not use a separate SD Card just for D2, but if it is locked to the selected game then you wouldn't have to. Maybe add an option in the menu because it is better to give people the choice, but I can't imagine a reason why you would use the disc swap button other than if you are selecting discs of the same game.

Oh, there are times you need to go from disc 3 to disc 1?

I had to make an sd card of only the fishing rod games with no menu because gdmenu does not support the fishing rod to control the menu - and ended up using the hardware button for game selection.

I'll be testing the sega fishing rod with openMenu today.
megavolt85 has made changes: "fix for fishing rod controller."
“The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence.”
- Charles Bukowski

megavolt85
Developer

Post#499 » Sat Sep 23, 2023 6:13 am

MoeFoh wrote:I'll be testing the sega fishing rod with openMenu today.
megavolt85 has made changes: "fix for fishing rod controller."

this fix came about because I was facing the same problem :lol:

sonik
Developer

Post#500 » Sat Sep 23, 2023 8:45 am

ChuChu wrote:An example of this would be Pop'n Music 3 and Pop'n Music 4, which are "append discs" that require loading Pop'n Music 2 first and then swapping discs.

There are versions of those games that does not requires booting Pop'n Music 2 first ;-)
EDF! EDF! EDF!