openMenu Alpha 1

Place for discussing homebrew games, development, new releases and emulation.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

Freudi93
noob

Re: openMenu Alpha 1

Post#511 » Fri Nov 10, 2023 3:25 am

I just registered in this forum to say thank you to megavolt85 and his great work.

I have one question: can i change codebreaker to Xploder DC or is something similare planed in the feature?

Thank you

megavolt85
Developer

Post#512 » Sat Nov 11, 2023 8:21 am

Freudi93 wrote:I have one question: can i change codebreaker to Xploder DC or is something similare planed in the feature?

no, I did not plan to change the codebreaker, but there are plans to improve the functionality of the codebreaker
I've put the openmenu project on hold for now, but I'll get back to it soon

Dr Sabroson
rebel

Post#513 » Wed Nov 15, 2023 5:40 am

Hello,
First of all great job to the developers megavolt85 and mrneo240 as always.

I just wrote to comment 2 issues I encountered tinkering with the program:

1- Some game names appear in a much bigger font in openmenu, as far as I can tell all have large names, I did not find any small name game with this huge font, but do not think all the large name games have this issue.

2- Fist of the north star (atomiswave port) still shows the rumble fish cover in openmenu.
I believe it has to do with the game ID so maybe not an issue at all, just saying.

Thank you very much for your effort and time, sincerely

FloDoc
shadow

Post#514 » Sat Dec 16, 2023 5:03 pm

Great work on this! I am new to Dreamcast and learning a lot! I was wondering if there is a way to add cheats to the embedded Codebreaker. Does it still need a compiled FCDCHEATS save? Or can the .BIN be altered to store new codes?

jdhankin
noob

Post#515 » Tue Dec 26, 2023 5:15 pm

great work

dubcity
Super Sonic

Post#516 » Tue Dec 26, 2023 8:39 pm

Dr Sabroson wrote:Hello,

1- Some game names appear in a much bigger font in openmenu, as far as I can tell all have large names, I did not find any small name game with this huge font, but do not think all the large name games have this issue.

2- Fist of the north star (atomiswave port) still shows the rumble fish cover in openmenu.
I believe it has to do with the game ID so maybe not an issue at all, just saying.

Put your sd card into your PC and open with gdemu card manager. Right click on name you want to change and you can input name again in lower case. Save changes and you should be good.

Atomiswave games having same cover can be fixed with open menu dat tool.

MavenAZ
shadow

Post#517 » Thu Dec 28, 2023 4:52 am

Panja0 wrote:I tried OpenMENU and it works very well!
Though om my 55inch TV with DCHDMI (hw1) the game artwork does not look very well. Very low quality.
Is there something I can do about this or is it just live with it (because of the limitations of the DC)?

Make sure you have Force VGA, not Cable Detect, set to on in your DCDigital settings.

The menu is a lower resolution, but should look much better this way. Although, some games the dont have VGA compatibility will boot to black screens. This is when you will have to put it back to Cable Detect.
Last edited by MavenAZ on Thu Dec 28, 2023 5:10 am, edited 2 times in total.

MavenAZ
shadow

Post#518 » Thu Dec 28, 2023 5:01 am

Should one be using GDEMUCardManager 1.3.5 or 2.0.0 with openmenu? Not sure what the differences are.

These are the games I have missing images with...

NET DE TENNIS - JP
BUGGY HEAT - JP
PUYO PUYO FEVER - JP
ZUSAR VASAR - JP
XENO CRISIS - Aftermarket
XDP DREAMS - Afterrmarket
SHADOW GANGS - Aftermarket

Dr Sabroson
rebel

Post#519 » Thu Dec 28, 2023 1:41 pm

dubcity wrote:
Dr Sabroson wrote:Hello,

Put your sd card into your PC and open with gdemu card manager. Right click on name you want to change and you can input name again in lower case. Save changes and you should be good.

Atomiswave games having same cover can be fixed with open menu dat tool.

It is not lower case or capitals matter it is the size of the font.
Thanks

BowserIsMyFather
noob

Post#520 » Wed Jan 03, 2024 8:06 am

Hi! Just a quick question. I have a PAL DC I'm modding with GDEMU etc, and I'd absolutely love this over the standard menu. Is VGA still an issue? I have heard that openMENU automatically switches everything to VGA, is this the case?

Many thanks for the awesome work!