Update DREAMCAST TMNT Cowabunga Collection Out for christmas :)

Place for discussing homebrew games, development, new releases and emulation.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

GeorgieBoysAXE
noob

Re: Update DREAMCAST TMNT Cowabunga Collection Out for christmas :)

Post#101 » Sat Dec 24, 2022 3:19 pm

May I ask what button combo is needed to access the video options for the game? The video output is a little muddier than it should be for 480i via RGB-SCART with VGA forced...

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#102 » Sat Dec 24, 2022 4:23 pm

It's coded for vga i dont use anything but vga i cant test anything else.. When using vga it's super sharp.. This is homebrew not sure what combo you speak of..

Most of the emulators here render direct 480p here my menu does.. So 480i would look like crap ..
Last edited by Ian Micheal on Sat Dec 24, 2022 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GeorgieBoysAXE
noob

Post#103 » Sat Dec 24, 2022 4:27 pm

May I ask what the button combo is to get to the Video Settings in-game? I accidentally triggered them once but wasn't able to do it again.

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#104 » Sat Dec 24, 2022 4:36 pm

GeorgieBoysAXE wrote:May I ask what the button combo is to get to the Video Settings in-game? I accidentally triggered them once but wasn't able to do it again.

Are you talking genesis then just hold Y before the game starts.. what emulator are you talking about.. ON the info loader press Y at infoloader there is help on each emulator to use..

There is no one setting for video settings across the board but vga 480p..

For people in the future i dont support anything but 480p vga as that's all i can test for last crt i had was in 2003 lol..
So use a vga cable - hdmi converter etc..

Dakangel
letterbomb

Post#106 » Sun Dec 25, 2022 9:37 pm

Ian Micheal wrote:There is no one setting for video settings across the board but vga 480p..

For people in the future i dont support anything but 480p vga as that's all i can test for last crt i had was in 2003 lol..

Thank you for the release but many of us still use/have a CRT tv alongside a newer ultra hd or 4k oled one for this kind of retro consoles, so many doesnt use or know the dreamcast on vga for an original 1998 gaming experience.

There are cheap svideo/composite to usb capture devices on aliexpress, those for vhs backup and digitalization, so you can test the original video output too with those and not drop the compatibility.

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/32568011 ... _shipto=US

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#107 » Sun Dec 25, 2022 9:48 pm

Dakangel wrote:
Ian Micheal wrote:There is no one setting for video settings across the board but vga 480p..

Thank you for the release but many of us still use/have a CRT tv alongside a newer ultra hd or 4k oled one for this kind of retro consoles, so many doesnt use or know the dreamcast on vga for an original 1998 gaming experience.

There are cheap svideo/composite to usb capture devices on aliexpress, those for vhs backup and digitalization, so you can test the original video output too with those and not drop the compatibility.

viewtopic.php?f=51&t=16185&p=172060&hilit=Gens4all#p172060
check here as well not like this any change for genesis emulator..

Vga is why i still code for Dreamcast .. I dont think you get the point both are hardware rendering 480p so it will look like rubbish on 480i .. Both snes and genesis.. Not droping anything using double buffer pvr 480p..

If you dont use VGA the PAL or NTSC roms will be locked on that region and roll on ntsc or pal on the games.. Only way to play all is VGA :).//
2000 i switched to vga output.. I cant code for the other sorry.. For one it looks like rubbish..

This is free no one has to use it a vga cable and hdmi converter is just as cheap.. Not sega spec labor of love you get worst picture and locked to pal if your on pal which will slow things or ntsc and roll playing pal..

I could of checked cable and locked out every thing but vga which is what sega would of done or lock out vga support.. etc..

This is free project not going to get paided the over 5 months work nor do i want to.. Do this for the love of it and if you dont want to use it that's fine ..

There is technical why i cant support it on genesis emulator so you need to use vga on that no matter what..

Genesis s-video
ges4all1.jpg

Genesis vga
dc.jpg

If you Dont use VGA then i cant do pal and ntsc version but have to do 2 releases .. Not testing or droping anything these emulators dont work this way.. Both vga 480p only..

Can stil play them on crap S-video they just look like above and have black bars or what ever and be region locked .. pvr is power of 2 where not talking software rendering here it will only look good on 480p it's also where the speed comes from using hardware rendering..

CORE316
photon blast

Post#108 » Mon Dec 26, 2022 7:52 pm

@Ian Micheal Awesome work m8 this looks like a retail release one of the finest Homebrews ever created and well suited for Dreamcast look forward to the update im also glad you got those Bins sorted out lol

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#109 » Mon Dec 26, 2022 8:16 pm

CORE316 wrote:@Ian Micheal Awesome work m8 this looks like a retail release one of the finest Homebrews ever created and well suited for Dreamcast look forward to the update im also glad you got those Bins sorted out lol

Reminds me i need to take them out right now thanks lol :lol:

RobisMarshall
fire

Post#110 » Tue Jan 31, 2023 12:48 am

does anyone else have an issue with the hyperstone heist remix on this collection? It crashes after the first level for me or gives credits right after beating the first stage in the midnight edition.