Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

Miguelacho
shadow

Re: Skies of Arcadia uncensored version

Post#151 » Tue Jun 13, 2023 11:03 am

ferrycorsten wrote:
Miguelacho wrote:
ferrycorsten wrote:
It must be patched to 60Hz too then, as the original PAL release doesn't and forces 50Hz

I was talking of the pal version patched to 60hz, it works at 60hz with rgb cables but the audio is out of sync, there is no patch available that converts it to 60 hz and doesnt have that issue.

i'd already understand exactly what you meant
I was just making the point that the PAL version here is 60hz patched, that's why it works on NTSC consoles, it would be handy to mention that in the post so people know which one to get if they have an NTSC console connected to CRT by RGB SCART

Yeah, but the audio is out of sync as all the other patched pal versions, that should also be mentioned I think; there is currently no way to play the game on a big consumer ntsc crt with rgb cables and get the correct audio synchornization.

fafadou
Gold Lion

Post#152 » Tue Jun 13, 2023 6:17 pm

ferrycorsten wrote:it would be handy to mention that in the post so people know which one to get if they have an NTSC console connected to CRT by RGB SCART

There is a difference between US and PAL console, With a Pal console the audio is sync in vga, I try it many times during the project.

Could you tell me which version is good to get if you have an NTSC console connected to CRT via RGB scart please ?

Miguelacho
shadow

Post#153 » Tue Jun 13, 2023 7:29 pm

fafadou wrote:
ferrycorsten wrote:it would be handy to mention that in the post so people know which one to get if they have an NTSC console connected to CRT by RGB SCART

There is a difference between US and PAL console, With a Pal console the audio is sync in vga, I try it many times during the project.

Could you tell me which version is good to get if you have an NTSC console connected to CRT via RGB scart please ?

No version, the standard unpatched ntsc version doesnt work with RGB cables, the 60hz patched pal version works but has the audio out of sync, the unpatched pal version doesnt work on most regular ntsc crts because it runs at 50hz, so unless you use vga on a pc monitor, or a pal crt, there is no Dreamcast version that works on ntsc consumer crts with the best video quality that rgb provides, you are stuck with composite or svideo cables. It would be necessary to patch the RGB functionality to the ntsc version, but It seems to be much more complicated, if even possible, than patching vga support or 60hz to the pal version (which results in out of sync audio).

On the other side, the GameCube version exists, that one works correctly at 60hz with component or rgb cables, but the audio is severely compressed and thus sounds much worse that the Dreamcast version.

edit: Sorry, I though you were asking me, I got confused.

fafadou
Gold Lion

Post#154 » Thu Jun 15, 2023 1:02 pm

I reserved a message, hope it will help you :

"Hello mate I've just tested the undub PAL version and it works on RGB SCART + CRT in 60hz on an NTSC console. Sorry about that, because in the post you put that it was patched with the VGA Japanese cake patch I thought it was VGA only like the NTSC ones. Anyway it works thanks a lot

You might want to mention in the post that the PAL versions are 60hz and NTSC console / RGB SCART / CRT compatible! As it only mentions VGA

Thank you very much"

I edit the first post. Hope everyone can enjoy the game properly now :)

If something is still bad, please send me a good version for you, and I'll add the uncensored content.

Julink
shadow

Post#155 » Tue Nov 14, 2023 3:40 pm

fafadou wrote:If something is still bad, please send me a good version for you, and I'll add the uncensored content.

I tried all the PAL 60hz versions and I always have audio desynchronization. Is it possible to have uncensored content on a PAL 50hz version?

fafadou
Gold Lion

Post#156 » Thu Nov 16, 2023 3:38 am

We are building this :)

But for the synchronization issue is only for intro, may I miss something ?

Julink
shadow

Post#157 » Thu Nov 16, 2023 1:10 pm

Ok good ! No, that's the only thing I noticed. I wonder how you make these modifications, it's interesting.

fafadou
Gold Lion

Post#158 » Thu Nov 16, 2023 6:11 pm

You Can look at the firsts posts, i patched only the files that needed a hex patch. @r3nrz0 did the very most of the job.

Julink
shadow

Post#159 » Sat Nov 18, 2023 5:20 am

Thank you for this work! In addition, it corrects the black band problem at the bottom due to the image shift. Certainly because of the 50hz.

Julink
shadow

Post#160 » Sat Nov 18, 2023 3:17 pm

I tested another cutscene, the 1st fight against Alfonso with the triceratops and the audio delay is still there, 1-2 seconds.

Edit : I just tested the widescreen version and I had problems with distortion, I understood that it is rendered in 2:35 and not in 16:9 ?