[Skies of Arcadia] Has there ever been talk of a patch to lower the random encounter rate?

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

Beefalo
lithium

[Skies of Arcadia] Has there ever been talk of a patch to lower the random encounter rate?

Post#1 » Fri Aug 04, 2023 12:21 am

I played (and loved) this game back in the day, but the ridiculously high random battle rate (+my current self having less time/patience) has kept me away from playing it a 2nd time.

Since I always see reviewers point out the high encounter rate, I'd have thought that would motivate a patch to lower it & rebalance things to account for gaining less experience. In fact, I don't think I've even seen the subject pop up. I know it can sometimes feel like us DC diehards were left with so many unfulfilled wishes & desires given the console's untimely fate, and there's only so much attention to dish out. For example, I know when I thinks "Dreamcast" + "Patch," my brain immediately jumps to "SegaGaGa Translation!!111" haha.

Of course we've been spoiled, especially in recent years with the countless Atomiswave conversion and translations patches. It's always good to be a Dreamcast fan and I appreciate everyone's contributions, so I want to be very clear how much I appreciate what we do have. It's just human nature to always want a little more.

So what's the deal, has this been discussed and I simply missed it? Would it be difficult to pull off? or perhaps just a lack of interest?

fafadou
Gold Lion

Re: [Skies of Arcadia] Has there ever been talk of a patch to lower the random encounter rate?

Post#2 » Fri Aug 04, 2023 3:31 am