Naomi Library / Blender Plugin v.14! (MVC2, DOA2, Daytona, Shenmue 2, Virtua Tennis...)

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

fafadou
Gold Lion

Re: Naomi Library / Blender Plugin v.14! (MVC2, DOA2, Daytona, Shenmue 2, Virtua Tennis...)

Post#11 » Sun Nov 19, 2023 6:30 am

totally insane :)

Dirge Of Ram
Graffiti Grind

Re: Naomi Library / Blender Plugin v.14! (MVC2, DOA2, Daytona, Shenmue 2, Virtua Tennis...)

Post#12 » Sun Nov 19, 2023 10:50 am

Insane enough to get the picture Expired!

VincentNL
blackout!

Post#13 » Mon Nov 20, 2023 4:16 pm

Naomi Library does support bump map, just had no idea it were a totally different variation.

[Thanks @Esppiral for testing!]

Unfortunately, in order to let Blender use it as Normal Map node, I needed a png version but WinPVR, PVR-Viewer or PVR2PNG does not support Bump PVR type.

Thanks to Texconv code, I did update PVP2ACT logic to handle Bump SR data --> Normal Map png:

And here are the final results!

[Earth model - Naomi SDK]

[AM2 - Naomi SDK]

[Shenmue 2 Coin, Enivornment Map + Bump Map]
If you like my work or just want to show some love:
https://ko-fi.com/vincentnl
https://www.patreon.com/VincentNL

cloofoofoo
Dreamcast Swirl

Post#14 » Mon Nov 20, 2023 8:08 pm

VincentNL wrote:Naomi Library does support bump map, just had no idea it were a totally different variation.

[Thanks @Esppiral for testing!]

Unfortunately, in order to let Blender use it as Normal Map node, I needed a png version but WinPVR, PVR-Viewer or PVR2PNG does not support Bump PVR type.

Thanks to Texconv code, I did update PVP2ACT logic to handle Bump SR data --> Normal Map png:

And here are the final results!

[Earth model - Naomi SDK]

[AM2 - Naomi SDK]

[Shenmue 2 Coin, Enivornment Map + Bump Map]

As far as i know ninja2 3d max converter takes tga/bmp textures in in the material slot of bumpmaps and converts it to BM TW_D on export, something like that according to ascii nja files. i dunno if it does normal map since ive only seen monochrome tried.

Slightly offtopic question i noticed your logo for your app is rent a hero. will you release any tools to read the models from the model.bin file? you say its ninja but none of the extractor can read it or extract characters. /maps. at best one of the smaller side files extracts map items but thats it. would really like to take a look at the art of that game.

SMiTH
Black Mesa

Post#15 » Mon Nov 20, 2023 8:37 pm

VincentNL wrote:Environment map support on the way!

the vending machine hang on toy from shenmue? lol

Dirge Of Ram
Graffiti Grind

Post#16 » Tue Nov 21, 2023 3:19 am

So I am assuming that Helena there can punch that Globe without the game crashing right?!

Ryo_Hazuki
killer

Post#17 » Tue Nov 21, 2023 8:47 pm

This bump mapping would look very nice on the metallic pillars of the spiral phase of DoA2.

Screenshot_20231121-224552.png

VincentNL
blackout!

Post#18 » Wed Nov 22, 2023 2:15 am

cloofoofoo wrote:will you release any tools to read the models from the model.bin file?
They are stored as an headerless variation, so they can't be extracted normally. @egregiousguy manually extracted and reassembled them after modification.

Ryo_Hazuki wrote:This bump mapping would look very nice on the metallic pillars of the spiral phase of DoA2.

Yes, I'm not aware of any specific bump map limitations so how much of that can be used is up for testing!
If you like my work or just want to show some love:
https://ko-fi.com/vincentnl
https://www.patreon.com/VincentNL