RECV US Dreamcast 3D Models Packs (By CBNJ)

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

cbnj
brutal

Re: Resident Evil Code Veronica US Dreamcast 3D Models.

Post#61 » Sat Nov 11, 2023 5:30 pm

Ryo_Hazuki

Yes the face have more polys.
Eyes, mouth interior box, teeth and tongue are separated models and use a diferent texture, the exposed area of the chest is also a separated model using a higher resolution texture.
This apply for the other characters faces, the base bodies remain the same.
Attachments
bodies.jpg
heads.jpg
Last edited by cbnj on Sun Nov 12, 2023 8:28 pm, edited 7 times in total.

cbnj
brutal

Post#62 » Sun Nov 12, 2023 3:28 pm

Update November 12 / 2023
*Added ENEMIES_A0.7z
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=16874
Attachments
ENA0.jpg

DreamcastFreak
dark night

Post#63 » Wed Nov 15, 2023 12:49 am

This is absolutely amazing! Soon we'll see complete new experiences with these mods on DC! Imagine seeing re4cv or soul calibur 2 DC edition, or DOA2 with all ps2 or ultimate content! :D

cloofoofoo
Dreamcast Swirl

Post#64 » Wed Nov 15, 2023 4:13 am

DreamcastFreak wrote:This is absolutely amazing! Soon we'll see complete new experiences with these mods on DC! Imagine seeing re4cv or soul calibur 2 DC edition, or DOA2 with all ps2 or ultimate content! :D

Ehh I would cool my jets if I was you.cafter looking at the model complexity it's no where near those things you'd like to see. The stages are less than 10k , enemy models are 500 to 1k , main characters like 1800 triangles. Yeah... All in all it's only pushing a couple thousand polygons on screen when it's all said and done. I am actually surprised it looks as good as it does. It's really good art. Seven cross evolution and blue stinger might actually be doing the same if not more on screen ( just for a fast comparison ) .

Ryo_Hazuki
killer

Post#65 » Wed Nov 15, 2023 10:08 am

DreamcastFreak wrote:This is absolutely amazing! Soon we'll see complete new experiences with these mods on DC! Imagine seeing re4cv or soul calibur 2 DC edition, or DOA2 with all ps2 or ultimate content! :D

I'm not sure if it's possible to edit the Soul Calibur game.

cbnj
brutal

Post#66 » Wed Nov 15, 2023 1:14 pm

Aryo_Hazuki

That is something i satarted to chek up about a month ago, SC files can be extracted so a repacker can be build too, decoding the models format is what ive interest for now, there are some advances still yet nothing enough relevant to post it, but ill post the unpacket files in case someone want to help to decode the formats/structure

cbnj
brutal

Post#67 » Wed Nov 15, 2023 5:02 pm

DreamcastFreak

Well, everything start whit a dream...cast.

The more progress decoding the games, the wider the posibilities become.

DreamcastFreak
dark night

Post#68 » Thu Nov 16, 2023 10:41 pm

cloofoofoo wrote:

Ehh I would cool my jets if I was you.cafter looking at the model complexity it's no where near those things you'd like to see. The stages are less than 10k , enemy models are 500 to 1k , main characters like 1800 triangles. Yeah... All in all it's only pushing a couple thousand polygons on screen when it's all said and done. I am actually surprised it looks as good as it does. It's really good art. Seven cross evolution and blue stinger might actually be doing the same if not more on screen ( just for a fast comparison ) .

I wasn't saying to take the sc2 models, i was really saying custom models that are based on part 2. same for the re4 thing. custom models, not the gamecube originals. though, the ps2 versions might fit in there well. outside of maybe leon.

cloofoofoo
Dreamcast Swirl

Post#69 » Fri Nov 17, 2023 12:06 am

DreamcastFreak wrote:
cloofoofoo wrote:

I wasn't saying to take the sc2 models, i was really saying custom models that are based on part 2. same for the re4 thing. custom models, not the gamecube originals. though, the ps2 versions might fit in there well. outside of maybe leon.

Oh i see. Yeah if you're good enough to do it from scratch then yes sky is the limit. But no even the existing gamplay model of Leon of re4 for ps2 is higher than recv cutscene . Leon ps2 is 5k triangles. Half of his gc version( you can always send it to the chopper by lowering it blender using automatic polygon count set modifier thing) . The zombies mid to low lod are actually good though.

cbnj
brutal

Re: Resident Evil Code Veronica US Dreamcast 3D Models (By CBNJ)

Post#70 » Sun Nov 19, 2023 12:21 pm

*UPDATE Nov 19/23
Added PLFILES_ex.7z
Content:
Alfred playable model
Rodrigo playable model

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=16874&p=179669#p179669
Attachments
COLLAGE.jpg